Michael Shields...

Yes, the day after it happened, on a plane heading back to the UK. And then a few days later his solicitor made a statement saying that he had done it but wouldn't return to face trial in Bulgaria. He later changed his mind and said that he hadn't done it after all.

"Best fans in the world" - Alan Greene

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the day after it happened, on a plane heading back to the UK. And then a few days later his solicitor made a statement saying that he had done it but wouldn't return to face trial in Bulgaria. He later changed his mind and said that he hadn't done it after all.

"Best fans in the world" - Alan Greene

ROFLcopter.

Is there a bigger cunt on the wireless ? ...

Is there a bigger cunt on the wireless ? ...

No.

I don't know how he is allowed on air, he is totally negative about most aspects of football. In fact when my team are on I have to turn it off because he especially loathes us.

Didn't know Norwegians had scouse accents ;)

Justice for the 96 is fair enough but he was found guilty and his alibi was atrocious.

Time to accept it Liverpool supporters and move on.

Some Danish people do- Jan Molby.......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a statement, Mr Straw said that during the last meeting with the Shields family on 28 August "important new evidence came to light".

He was told about a visit by two members of the Shields family to the home of another man alleged to be responsible for the crime.

He said: "I was told that in the course of the visit that man made an oral confession to the crime in front of several other people.

Well... he would...wouldn't he?

post-16013-1252489929_thumb.jpg

Surely you're not expressing less than complete faith in the Bulgarian justice system, GOMH? You seemed so convinced of its probity until recently...

I'm sure we'll all be happy to draw a line under this when the 'real' :rolleyes: culprit is handed over by the Shields family, seeing as their amazing detective skills have dragged a confession out of the 'real' offender.

The name of the person who confessed to the crime is well known and was published in many UK news sources. He was bragging about the incident on the plane home from Bulgaria, before he was even aware that Shields had been arrested.

2005 news article - Calls for Graham Sankey to surrender to Police.

BBC News article 2005 - Graham Sankey's confession.

Archived