Michael Shields...

The name of the person who confessed to the crime is well known and was published in many UK news sources. He was bragging about the incident on the plane home from Bulgaria, before he was even aware that Shields had been arrested.

2005 news article - Calls for Graham Sankey to surrender to Police.

BBC News article 2005 - Graham Sankey's confession.

He immediately recanted that confession, this is a new patsy, as yet un-named, but I'm sure the grievers will be running a "justice for Bulgarian barmen campaign" to make sure this latest confessor does the decent thing, won't they? :rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from Jack Straw's statement

I have concluded, having looked carefully at all the evidence now available, that Michael Shields is telling the truth when he says he is innocent of the attempted murder of which he was convicted in Bulgaria.

And of course, Fatshaft, you have also carefully perused all this evidence before coming to your conclusion...?

Quote from Jack Straw's statement

I have concluded, having looked carefully at all the evidence now available, that Michael Shields is telling the truth when he says he is innocent of the attempted murder of which he was convicted in Bulgaria.

Sorry, you seem to have missed the 100% proof of innocence that was presented to Straw

He was told about a visit by two members of the Shields family to the home of another man alleged to be responsible for the crime.

He said: "I was told that in the course of the visit that man made an oral confession to the crime in front of several other people.

No wonder he has been pardoned, doesn;t get any more clear cut than that :rolleyes:

And of course, Fatshaft, you have also carefully perused all this evidence before coming to your conclusion...?

I have read quite a lot about it yes, due to the fact I hate the bullying that the Scousers inevitably resort to when it's one of their own who in some way or other has been 'slighted', I thought I should find about more about the case.

This is the best summation I have seen http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/149...ted-murder.html

Archived