The Curry Lounge

Rhumsaa

Went there Friday lunch time and had a Lamb Dupiaza off their lunch menu with rice and bombay potatos and a chicken tikka starter for about £7

Very nice place inside and the food was good although not much of it... however it was an excellent lunch sized portion for not feeling bloated and sleepy at my desk.

Service was terribly slow though and it was quarter to 2 by the time we got our food and there were only 8 people in the whole place.

I'd like to recommend it as I'd like it to succeed and a lunch time curry is a nice change but unless it can speed up its service I can't say you should go there.

I walked past there the other morning early, no menu or anything in the window.

Seems strange they don't have any indication of what's available on show.

a lunch time curry is a nice change but unless it can speed up its service I can't say you should go there.

A chicken curry half & half from the Outback will be on your table at about the same time you sit down from the bar. Not a 'proper' curry I agree but jolly tasty.

Well I took the forum-ites advice and tried the Curry Lounge about half an hour ago.

Chicken Vindaloo with boiled rice and a chapati for a tenner.

Not exactly cheap but the vindaloo was delicious. Not oily but creamy, almost sweet but nice and hot.

Will definitely be returning.

Thanks for the heads up!

Had lunch there today with a few friends, they now have a £6.95 lunch menu which gets you:

Choice of two starters (chicken tikka or onion bhaji)

Choice of four curries (korma, masala, dupiaza, balti - with any meat you want)

Rice

Bombay potatoes or (IIRC) a chapati or a different sort of bread thing

All of these are brought at once on a tray in four little metal bowls, so you can eat stuff as you want it.

We also got poppadoms and pickles for four people (before the meal came).

Total cost for four, including a round of soft drinks, was £39 - so very reasonably priced. (The main menu is quite pricey, that'd be more of an evening affair I think.)

Place itself is very nicely done out, staff are friendly and efficient, service was quick, and most importantly the food was absolutely scrummy.

Not massive portions, but perfect for a lunch, left us feeling satisfied but not stuffed. Good quality meat, lovely flavours to everything, even the dips that came with poppadoms were a cut above average.

Very highly recommended, we were all extremely impressed. When we left at 12:50pm we were the only ones in there, which is criminal considering how good everything is - I suggest folks give this place a try!

EDIT TO ADD - Service was very quick as well, we were all done and dusted by 12:50pm as I mentioned above, and we didn't order until about ten past twelve.

The only let down was the toilets, felt sorry for the woman in the next cubicle who was doing a good impression of a tram horse letting go.

...and what were you doing in the ladies?

I was in the loo at a pub the other night and this bloke in the next cubicle said 'hello'. I ignored him at first and then he said 'hello' again. So I said 'hello?'...and he said 'I'll ring you back George, there's some tit in the bogs thinking I'm talking to him'.

The only let down was the toilets, felt sorry for the woman in the next cubicle who was doing a good impression of a tram horse letting go.

There's only two small cubicles, side by side. One is the mens, the other is the ladies

There's only two small cubicles, side by side. One is the mens, the other is the ladies

OMG....Thats terrible, especially in a curry house. :blush:

I can't recommend this place enough.

Me and Mrs Baps went a couple of weeks ago and ordered blind of their special menu. I had a Goan Balti something or other and it was pretty damn good.

Not cheap but not poor vfm either.

Tried Spice on the Quay last night and while the £10 buffet was perfectly adequate the food quality at Curry Lounge was worlds apart.

why especially in a curry house?

why especially in a curry house?

I should imagine that the patrons of a curry house would more than likely be paying a visit to the toilet after eating. I guess you need a toliet that can cope with the explosive gas.......

I should imagine that the patrons of a curry house would more than likely be paying a visit to the toilet after eating. I guess you need a toliet that can cope with the explosive gas.......

You'd have to have a pretty rapid digestive sytem to be expelling the curry minutes after eating it .

Archived