Dating Sites

Albert Tatlock

Dating Sites  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, there could be Manx Forum blind dating. There's no subscription to pay and you can get an idea of a person from their posts and profile page. You shouldn't expect to actually meet someone that you were attracted to that just happened to reciprocate your feelings though - I think that's asking a lot, but at the very least you could make a new friend and increase your social circle. Albert, you could be the administrator for it.

"Uncle Albert's dating agency"

our motto: settle for whatever you can find, before you get stuck on the shelf!

Are you having a go? I'm not on the shelf................yet! I like the name of the agency though.

Nah its just me imagining what alberts dating agency motto would be, cant really see him having something bright and cheerful.

Hey, there could be Manx Forum blind dating. There's no subscription to pay and you can get an idea of a person from their posts and profile page.

If there's one thing the forum needs more of, it's bitter recrimination from bad dates seeping into threads.

There should be a whole subforum for this scheme, one where people are paired not according to their choice, but the common will of the forum majority as expressed through polls.

this idea is awesome! forced dating based on viewers choice!

this is so going to be a reality TV show, i can just tell.

hmm, interesting. especially as it's often hard to tell what gender a poster is. It could be done like 'Blind Date' where 3 posters are nominated and the pickee asks them questions to which they have to reply with mildly innuendo laced remarks. Then they could go off into the 'live chat' area for a few minutes - akin to the 'cupboard' game from a long gone youth and then they could report back and say why they didn't really like each other.

Arranged dating eh - great idea, removes any responsibility and when things go wrong you can just blame the forum!

Forum opinion is infallible. Couples who meet through Manxforums blind dating and who fail to make it work will have "it's all your fault" tattooed on their foreheads to remind them of this fact every time they sit and weep from loneliness in front of the mirror.

Edited by VinnieK

This hread is funny as....lol

when i worked in Derby, my office was below Udate.com

sadly i was in a relationship and never needed to use.

But i know many off my mates who have met people on line, the stigma is IMO shrinking.

you may meet the love of your life or you may just have a few interesting times.

But at the very least if your over 40 you'll meet a load of vulnerable women with self confidence issues back on the market after failed marriages desperate for a good stuffing.

your wife never complained...

Hmm beware of dishonest people - I gave up on dating sites after the bloke I met actually already had a girlfriend and was just looking for a bit on the side. People can be anyone they want online.

are you really a small scallop ?? lol

:rolleyes:

Remember the days of the manx net chat room??

I wasnt particularly looking for romance, when my story started 6 years ago with noticing how witty one member was....p2p`d him to let him know how funny I thought he was.......& we`ve now been very happily married for just over 2 years :D

• 4 years later...

Just curious. There seems to be a proliferation of these, even on Facebook etc. and seems to be loads of people on them.

Does anyone on here use them? Do they work? Are they worth subscribing too etc.

Five years later, have people's views changed? Do any new people have anything to add? :)

I've just been told it's the "in" thing now.

Five years later, have people's views changed?

Yeah, thanks for that.

I was reading from Page 1, wondering about all the new posters, also wondering why you hadn't jumped in saying they're not Manx, they're locals, and it was only when I got to a post from Topaz that I checked the dates.

• Like 1