KSF Megathread 2

nipper

Can you provide any sources to back this up?

This document, dated 3rd October indicates that the FSA had grave concerns re the ongoing viability of KSF UK. The placement of the stated conditions did serve to give some protection to the interests of depositors in the UK, but it would appear that this was at the expense of IOM depositors. The FSC allowed) KSF IOM to place a substantial proportion of its financial assets in KSF UK without any guarantee of safety/full return and it is unlikely that the FSA were not aware of this situation.

Why did the FSA not warn the FSC of the action they were preparing to instigate, particularly when the close relationship between the two is a well known fact.

The FSA plan must have been in-place some-time before the date of the document and hence quite a time before the demise of KSF IOM on the 8th October.

FSA_Notice_Friday_3_October_2008_2.pdf

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing I still haven't grasped...is WHERE is the half a billion quid transferred from KSFIOM to KB (UK) and snatched by the FSA before it could go to Iceland to pay Kerry Catatonic?

That £500m hasn't just vanished surely? Someone must have it. Why wasn't it returned to the liquidator of KSFIOM to pay the depositors?

Thing I still haven't grasped...is WHERE is the half a billion quid transferred from KSFIOM to KB (UK) and snatched by the FSA before it could go to Iceland to pay Kerry Catatonic?

That £500m hasn't just vanished surely? Someone must have it. Why wasn't it returned to the liquidator of KSFIOM to pay the depositors?

Its locked up in the KSFUK liquidation - which as I understand is going rather slowly. I think KSFIOM is a creditor of KSFUK as things stand?

Its locked up in the KSFUK liquidation - which as I understand is going rather slowly. I think KSFIOM is a creditor of KSFUK as things stand?

Why don't we just print £600 million in manx £1 coins, and secretly send 300 people over to the UK to put it into fruit machines with a 90% pay back (and fag machines) till they come back with £500 million or the equivalent in smokes.

Or, easier still - get the manx government to cover every combination in the Euromillions for the next 20 £100 million plus rollovers? ;)

Surely this has been posted before - and if so apologies for the repetition. But I did a forum search and I did not find it.

The thing is - that Hitler in his bunk film clip meme. Well there is a KSF version:

ETA - it turns into a campaign video on behalf of the depositors about half way through.

Oh Stu, and i thought you were a cynical as me :P

I personally think it's already been spent by the UK to bunk up their totally fucked banking system. You just have to look to where they are penny pinching and grasping monies to see this.

The UK is in deep shit and they have to get the dosh as and where they can, imo.

Yeah, but they can't just nick half a billion quid and then pretend they never had it.

I thought the problem was that it was sent to them and is "unsecured" i.e. bottom of the list.

But there's so much bs flying around with teflon shoulders as standard issue to avoid all the blamestorming that it's difficult to be sure of anything.

In fact the ONLY thing I'm sure of is that many have been shafted and have lost £zillions and blame Tynpotwald for deliberate obfuscation re their rejected compensation "plan".

Yeah, but they can't just nick half a billion quid and then pretend they never had it.

I thought the problem was that it was sent to them and is "unsecured" i.e. bottom of the list.

But there's so much bs flying around with teflon shoulders as standard issue to avoid all the blamestorming that it's difficult to be sure of anything.

In fact the ONLY thing I'm sure of is that many have been shafted and have lost £zillions and blame Tynpotwald for deliberate obfuscation re their rejected compensation "plan".

This was reported in the Irish Times this morning. - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/financ...4256972602.html

What have the UK done re their obligation to represent the IOM?

What have the UK done re their obligation to represent the IOM?

Suddenly remembered where we are again, and shafted us for VAT.

If they do ever give any money back, it'll be like a Post Office robbery, followed by the robbers depositing the money in their Post Office account at the same Post Office the following week.

Archived