KSF Megathread 2

nipper

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 weeks after bank crash depositors still waiting.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bank-crash-...ting.5748605.jp

Deemster Kerruish it seems that no one is listening to you.

So you'd rather that they handed out the money unchecked to fraudsters rather than take time to double check signatures from official documents where things are unclear?

55 weeks after bank crash depositors still waiting.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bank-crash-...ting.5748605.jp

Deemster Kerruish it seems that no one is listening to you.

So you'd rather that they handed out the money unchecked to fraudsters rather than take time to double check signatures from official documents where things are unclear?

The fraudsters are the ones who robbed innocent people of their life savings.

Well over a year has passed since the bank went down and over two months since Deemster Kerruish made his statement.

If you go to www.ksfiomdepositors.org you will see how many people still have not received anything despite numerous letters phone calls etc.

All the depositors details were held with the bank and given numerous times for the SOA and proof of debt etc etc ad nauseum as well as application for the DCS.

The fact is that the office cannot cope or is hopelessly incompetent.

I think in the present financial situation we should cease all payouts and let the UK sort it out afterall they stole the money they should pay it back.

I don't think the UK "stole" the money. Wasn't it given to them by one Mr Aspden?

I think in the present financial situation we should cease all payouts and let the UK sort it out afterall they stole the money they should pay it back.

I don't think the UK "stole" the money. Wasn't it given to them by one Mr Aspden?

Brilliant idea take the savings of innocent people give them away and finally welch on the compensation scheme.

Brilliant idea take the savings of innocent people give them away and finally welch on the compensation scheme.

Dead right, you've got the idea fuck em we come first

Well at least he got his £25k pay rise this year. Note to self - fuck up badly on the job and get more money.

Well at least he got his £25k pay rise this year. Note to self - fuck up badly on the job and get more money.

£1.28 billion in the coffers so why the dragging of feet ?

I have to say it would be hilarious if the results hadn't been so catastrophic for so many poor souls....

"Committee chairman Juan Watterson MHK asked: 'Do you consider moving funds from Iceland to London to be an error of judgement?'

'It certainly wasn't an error of judgement,' the witness (Aspden) replied.

He conceded in hindsight it would have been better if all the money had been placed with third party banks but insisted the FSC had done 'the best it could at the time'."

So bringing on a disaster by not using a more prudent and sensible business practice no longer constitutes "an error of judgement" ??????!!!!!!

Well, that's a new one on me...

Archived