KSF Megathread 2

nipper

Hurray...get the beers in!

Havent seen a penny of it yet I will keep you posted.

If you really must

Yes I will because there are people out there who are depositors who are also manxmen and women and manx residents .

So if you are not interested DONT READ.

I am sure that you must have something far more interesting to do .

You obviously don't have anything better to do. I don't recall the Manx people who have unfortunately lost money being as bitter, twisted and vindictive as you.

You obviously missed this.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/KSF-40IoM41...d-by.5609142.jp

Manx people who have lost money feel doubly betrayed.

Not only have they lost their money but they have been sneered at and denigrated by their compatriots with all the sensitivity and compassion of a tree trunk.

Is it any wonder they keep quiet in the face of such treatment?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really must

Yes I will because there are people out there who are depositors who are also manxmen and women and manx residents .

You obviously don't have anything better to do. I don't recall the Manx people who have unfortunately lost money being as bitter, twisted and vindictive as you.

Not only have they lost their money but they have been sneered at and denigrated by their compatriots with all the sensitivity and compassion of a tree trunk.

I haven't sneered or denigrated any of my compatriots. Check my past posts. No, my gripe is with your pathetic ramblings, hijacking other non-KSF threads on here and on other IOM-related content (e.g YouTube comments). I actually had sympathy for depositors but you have destroyed any compassion with your childlike, revengeful behaviour. Pathetic.

If you really must

I haven't sneered or denigrated any of my compatriots. Check my past posts. No, my gripe is with your pathetic ramblings, hijacking other non-KSF threads on here and on other IOM-related content (e.g YouTube comments). I actually had sympathy for depositors but you have destroyed any compassion with your childlike, revengeful behaviour. Pathetic.

Compassion such as yours is worthless.

You have sympathy

( as long as they the depositors shut up so much you cant recall hearing chirp out of them)

This is a KSFIOM thread so why dont YOU just go and enjoy the other 400+ threads ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/se...inancial-crisis

'And the bank's Isle of Man division had assets worth an estimated £900m. Should Kaupthing's Isle of Man branch funnel its cash back to Iceland, or take it to what it assumed to be a safer haven, its London outpost? What the FSA advised is not clear, but what is indisputable is that the island approved the release of £532m of the assets to the London arm.

That could prove to be an expensive decision. Much of the cash has never been returned to savers and many are facing untold levels of stress. So far the Isle of Man government has settled the majority of claims worth £50,000 or less.'

Well most have yet to receive anything from the DCS but supposedly by next week.

Compassion such as yours is worthless.

You have sympathy

( as long as they the depositors shut up so much you cant recall hearing chirp out of them)

This is a KSFIOM thread so why dont YOU just go and enjoy the other 400+ threads ?

Cheers, thank YOU for the advice!

Bye.

Bellyup, I was speaking to one of the administrators of the DCS last night - they enveloped up the cheques last week, so they are coming.

Nice to see the Guardian has resumed its long-standing campaign against the Island in earnest.

hope belly ups gets lost in the post :D

Bellyup, I was speaking to one of the administrators of the DCS last night - they enveloped up the cheques last week, so they are coming.

So's Christmas!

The IOMT having received their payout from the liquidator first so there should be no more delays........

as for the rest.....

'After nearly a year of anguish and hardship ......... depositors will finally get to access a small amount of their money (24.8p in the £) on Friday 4 September 2009, some 330 days after this financial crisis began. At a time when the UK government is looking to improve any future payouts under the FCS from 6 weeks to less than 3, the Isle of Man is content with a system that has taken 44 weeks to come into affect. With devastating life changing consequences for depositors involved.'

330 days to get back less than a quarter of your savings.

If you really must

Nobody is interested, DON'T POST

I doubt you have anything more interesting to do

If you really must

Nobody is interested, DON'T POST

I doubt you have anything more interesting to do

People may be interested - those whose livelihood depends on the banking industry and especially those who are STILL awaiting their DCS payments -44 weeks and two days after the collapse of the bank.

DONT READ if it doesnt interest you -Its your choice.

This is going to interest me and thousands of other depositors for the next 5-7 years because that is HOW LONG it will take to to get back at best 80% of my life savings.

All these people will not go away - much as you would like them too.

No doubt during this time some will die ( nine have already passed away ) as many are elderly people but not all.

They all had ( as i had interesting things to do ) but now by doing nothing more than keeping their own hard earned money in a bank in the IOM their lives have been changed drastically and dreadfully for the worse.

Some cant do what they used to do they cant live quietly minding their own business ( because they havnt got a house to live in ) more than one person had put the money from a house sale in the bank for SAFE KEEPING until they could exchange on another. One ( as i know of )of these people is a manxman.

So he WILL be interested. -

If you are not DONT READ it is as simple as that.

Despite having been paid the first dividend from the liquidator on Friday ,the IOMG now have a large chunk of the money but have not yet to paid the depositors.

This includes depositors on the Isle of Man who have not received their DSC payments yet. ( 44 weeks and 4 days)

It also includes those who have asked for electronic transfers.

So what is happening ?

Please can someone inform Deemster Kurruish of this latest non development?

According to triskelion on the 6th the checks were posted on the 5th, 4 days ago, now as far as I was aware post on to and off of the island is being effected until today at the very earliest due to the on going postal strikes. That would explain off island payments taking longer than expected, on island I wouldn't know.

It took stuff I sent nearly 10 days to get where it was going when it is normally next day.

Have you tried ringing or emailing the people who are dealing with this rather than posting on a somewhat random forum.

According to triskelion on the 6th the checks were posted on the 5th, 4 days ago, now as far as I was aware post on to and off of the island is being effected until today at the very earliest due to the on going postal strikes. That would explain off island payments taking longer than expected, on island I wouldn't know.

It took stuff I sent nearly 10 days to get where it was going when it is normally next day.

Have you tried ringing or emailing the people who are dealing with this rather than posting on a somewhat random forum.

DCS depositors have been doing precisely that since Friday.

Apparently the data submitted was not sufficient for whatever banking IT system they are using and therefore no payments have been made. Fayle said that "according to recent information these errors will be rectified today and the transfers will be made "

This means that the earliest anyone hoping for DCS are likely to see any funds in their account is Tuesday.

Is manx gov rewriting history?

Bit of Newspeak?

Clicky

The protection offered by the Manx government's Depositors Compensation Scheme - or DCS - was raised from £20,000 to £50,000 for individual account holders, last October, for one year.

The move was in response to alarming events on the global financial stage and was announced just before the collapse of Kaupthing Singer and Friedlander, Isle of Man.

Can someone confirm the correct amounts and dates/sequence?

I was under the impresson that an increase was 'backdated' to cover Krapfart after it went tits up.

Archived