KSF Megathread 2

nipper

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 months. How long would it have taken were it in the UK as a solely UK bank?

About two weeks ( time it took Kaupthing Edge depositors to be fully repaid) However this was slightly different in that HMG paid ING to take them over.

Mind you it would have been shorter here if HMG hadn't stolen the assets of people dopositing here.

I hope the treasury deduct tax out of any payment made to depositors as it must be clased as unearned income :lol:

Thats a big assumption.

In any case there are already provisions in respect of retention of tax on interest under the EUSTD.

Oh, and what about the case of the local taxi driver where him and his partner sold their house and put the proceeds for a very short while in KSF - should these have a tax deduction made?

I hope the treasury deduct tax out of any payment made to depositors as it must be clased as unearned income :lol:

So you think that people getting their own money back should be taxed? How about next time you go to the cash machine, would it be OK for Treasury to keep 18% of it?

A better idea however is for Treasury to impose Isle of Man tax on all foreigners living abroad. Think of the money that would bring in! :D

11 months. How long would it have taken were it in the UK as a solely UK bank?

About two weeks ( time it took Kaupthing Edge depositors to be fully repaid) However this was slightly different in that HMG paid ING to take them over.

Mind you it would have been shorter here if HMG hadn't stolen the assets of people dopositing here.

Maybe we can never know IF HMG had returned the KSFIOM funds the bank would have been effectively solvent and would not have collapsed/or at least the depositors would have got almost all their deposits back.I simply cant understand why the IOM government didn't demand the assets back, one government to another.

So you think that people getting their own money back should be taxed? How about next time you go to the cash machine, would it be OK for Treasury to keep 18% of it?

A better idea however is for Treasury to impose Isle of Man tax on all foreigners living abroad. Think of the money that would bring in! :D

How are they getting their own money back, any money paid out under the DCS is our money, the taxpayers money, its not be earned by the depositors and the Government did not save it for them, so it should be classed as unearned income.

Archived