KSF Megathread 2

nipper

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that even though Bellyup is getting his money and should be happy he can't help but turn this into another of his bitter retaliations against anyone who mentions his lack of prudance.

Your getting two and a half times the amount you agreed to when you put your money in so at least be happy and stop posting on here.

Your getting two and a half times the amount you agreed to when you put your money in so at least be happy and stop posting on here.

I put my money into the Derbyshire Building Society IOM that was fully backed with the parent company. When it sold out its loyal customers in 2007 this backing was replaced with the 100% parental guarantee from Iceland. This was lodged with the FSC.

As you appear to be conversant with all this you will know that as yet the DSC after 10 months has yet to pay out one penny.

You still put your money in to the Isle of Man when the local guarantee was only 15K you are now getting back up to 50k. You may not have it yet but you will have at least a portion of it soon if the reports ore to be believed.

Parental guarantees mean nothing if the parent goes bust, the more important guarantee is that offered by the government.

Good points Spermann. A lot of us have been very fortunate and some very unlucky. Whatever we may think about this, the effects of losing savings must be traumatic.

I was intigued by the advertisement - how PC can you get - a Solvency Manager - financial experience is 'desirable' - no it isn't it is absolutely necessary.

I wonder why it is taking so long to process the proofs of debt? Surely with modern technology it should only take a few minutes per case to check that an individual has a debt? (excluding lunch and tea breaks that is...)

Yes you would think so wouldnt you?

Allowing each Proof of debt to take 5 minutes that is 10 per hour ( allowing for breaks as above) that is only 80 per day - 400 per week.

If 10 people are working = 4000 per week.

So logically speaking it should take/have taken three weeks at most.

Good points Spermann. A lot of us have been very fortunate and some very unlucky. Whatever we may think about this, the effects of losing savings must be traumatic.

I was intigued by the advertisement - how PC can you get - a Solvency Manager - financial experience is 'desirable' - no it isn't it is absolutely necessary.

I wonder why it is taking so long to process the proofs of debt? Surely with modern technology it should only take a few minutes per case to check that an individual has a debt? (excluding lunch and tea breaks that is...)

Allowing each Proof of debt to take 5 minutes that is 10 per hour ( allowing for breaks as above) that is only 80 per day - 400 per week.

Surely the proof of debt will take into account liabilities such as any outstanding loans, overdraughts etc so I think 5 minutes for each one is being a little extreme. Don't forget that with any system, there will have to be a certain amount of double checking/proof reading to ensure that there are as few errors as possible.

Surely the proof of debt will take into account liabilities such as any outstanding loans, overdraughts etc so I think 5 minutes for each one is being a little extreme. Don't forget that with any system, there will have to be a certain amount of double checking/proof reading to ensure that there are as few errors as possible.

These are DEPOSITORS Fubar .

They wont have loans or overdrafts.

These are DEPOSITORS Fubar .

They wont have loans or overdrafts.

Either way, you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think each claim will only take 5 minutes to process. There will be several checks to me made and I'm not talking about the ones that you will be getting from the manx taxpayer.

Archived