Forza 3

K.os Theory

Reviews don't mean shit in my book, sure they're a loose guide but loose at best as they can be very biased and almost predictable at times.

Best review someone can have a is a demo / trial, because everyones opinion will always be different, all a review is built up from opinions and often they're just a single opinion from the reviewer themself.

Who generally has a dead line to meet and so will throw a review out based on limited time with a game and based predominantly on hype/advertising/spin direct comparison with the last game of that genre they played.

In all honesty I liked Forza 2 for the first few hours, I preferred it to PGR4 for a while, but the game is just very bland in the longterm. All the GT games have managed to take over my gaming for months on end.

Also metacritic has many games with high scores that I couldn't get on with.

Reviews don't mean shit in my book, sure they're a loose guide but loose at best as they can be very biased and almost predictable at times.

Best review someone can have a is a demo / trial, because everyones opinion will always be different, all a review is built up from opinions and often they're just a single opinion from the reviewer themself.

Sure, but the consolidation sites like metacritic and gamesrankings generally get it right. Your personal opinion is always important, but some people just aren't going to like a certain kind of game. Forza's a pretty good sim in my view, and comparing it to PGR and deciding that PGR is more realistic is pretty revealing about that persons ability to judge a simulation.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a few of us from the IoM who have started playing Forza 3 - let us know your GT if you're interesting in playing?

My GT is joeyconcrete.

We normally pick a class (e.g. 'C'), assists off and damage on. Its usually a good laugh and most people are on voice.

• 1 month later...

I sold Forza 2, but enjoying 3 a lot more. Only gripe would be that the tight circuits are a nightmare to pass cleanly and the lack of laps really means it just becomes a barging session on these circuits.

Fantastic with the FF wheel though.

Archived