David White Cars

thelegend

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,yes it looks like David White at Snugborough has gone...not too sure why but would like to add that David White Cars is nothing to do with D.W Cars Ltd, based at Rosemount Douglas...they have been going for 30 odd years or so and have some great low mileage cars bikes and vans in

i remember that place as elm tree motors, frank crompton was the man there then, that was around 25 years ago i reckon,possibly less. certainly not been DW cars for 30 years.

did rich step into the fourum and out of the closet in only 2 posts .is this a record??

To try and promote DW cars?...............yes.

I looked at a couple of cars from DW cars, the one I fancied had no log book or any service book/info, I was told this was due to someone mislaying the document folder (another customer apparently!), whether that was true or not I have no idea, I walked away at that point as I see no reason why a service book needs to leave the car!

did rich step into the fourum and out of the closet in only 2 posts .is this a record??

To try and promote DW cars?...............yes.

I looked at a couple of cars from DW cars, the one I fancied had no log book or any service book/info, I was told this was due to someone mislaying the document folder (another customer apparently!), whether that was true or not I have no idea, I walked away at that point as I see no reason why a service book needs to leave the car!

I wouldn't let that bother you, there's no need for a driver's door lock, spare wheel or the ignition barrel to leave the vehicle either but I've owned plenty of well priced cars without one or all of them & never had a problem. As long as it's got four wheels & the manufacturer's badge on the front is the same as the one on the back then she's worth a punt. Never pay more than 150 quid though & always make sure it's got atleast half a tank of fuel.

I think you will find a few changes this year in the car sales industry.

What, like they start charging what a car is worth rather than +40% ?

I mean come on!!! :-

http://www.bespokegroup.im/stock.php?id=231

http://www.dunstablecarcentre.co.uk/used-cars/vauxhall-tigra-1-8i-16v-sport-2dr-dunstable-201142422916636

You haven't factored in the spco or the come back 3 times mot check in tromode for the wrong colour wheel nuts.

It is absolutely ridiculous.

Try and trade in a car an they will give you 'glasses guide' UK prices and then try and rip you off with manx prices with your next motor.

Take the Vauxhall Tigra example above - expect to be offered circa £2000 best case scenario at trade in but if you were buying it, itd cost you nearly £7k.

It is quite frankly ridiculous and disgusting and I am looking forward to the bastards going out of business this year when peple finally wise up with the other cuts.

How they have the nerve to try and fob you off with UK trade in prices and then attempt to charge you practically twice the going rate is beyond me. WHO PAYS THESE PRICES! Have a day out in civilisation and save yourself literally thousands!

Archived