Chinahand's Random Stuff

Chinahand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fractals is amazing. The hotel, well you can do wonders when you swamp a job with manpower and get rid of unions and worker safety, I would love to see the accident record for that.

No accidents of any kind. Its less about abandoning workers rights and more about having workers who actually work and decent logistics and planning, it may have gone up in 6 days on site but there will have been weeks if not months of planning to make sure it went smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love fossils - a petrified window onto ancient life.

Or are they? Maybe God just put them there. You know, for a laugh.

Well I have to agree saying that if there is a god you are a perfect example of how he has a sense of humour.

I'm was a bit sceptical of Brian Cox's programs on the Solar System - the imagery was stunning, but the content a little light and tended to focus too much on putting him on ice flows or flying in helicopters over Hawaii or whatever.

But I thought this youtube video of his Huw Wheldon Memorial Lecture was pretty much spot on - especially in trying to get broadcasters to understand that "balance" doesn't mean giving equal time between science and psuedo-science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPrdK4hWffo&feature=player_embedded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...