I'm trying really hard to wait for a proper Android tab, but it's tough to resist the charms of Steve's fondle slab.

However, having bought an original version 1 iPod Touch when they came out, and seeing how much better v.2 was, I guess waiting to see what happens in March 2011 with iPad v.2 is worthwhile

I used to think like you Bobbie but if you go on waiting and waiting and waiting you are just letting your life slowly slip away :unsure:

My ethos is live for today and enjoy it as tomorrow that bus may just knock you down!

LT

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying really hard to wait for a proper Android tab, but it's tough to resist the charms of Steve's fondle slab.

However, having bought an original version 1 iPod Touch when they came out, and seeing how much better v.2 was, I guess waiting to see what happens in March 2011 with iPad v.2 is worthwhile

I nearly broke down and bought one today, but (fortunately) couldn't find one in stock anywhere.

I used to think like you Bobbie but if you go on waiting and waiting and waiting you are just letting your life slowly slip away :unsure:

My ethos is live for today and enjoy it as tomorrow that bus may just knock you down!

LT

I hear you, but I bought a Sony NEX-5 instead. Christmas present for myself. All it has to do is arrive now!

I nearly broke down and bought one today, but (fortunately) couldn't find one in stock anywhere.

Get one... I've been using mine a fair amount since Christmas and I'm impressed. Well handy for me, works well with Safari online books, accessing work, general browsing, twitter, video podcasts etc. I know many of the good things aren't limited to the iPad, but the device itself is slick. My kids love the educational, music, art and game apps - so intuitive for kids.

Only downside was I found myself tapping the screen of my laptop after using it for a while.

• 2 months later...

Why'd you need that much storage on what's effectively a media streaming device?

Because it's not everywhere you can get a connection (ie on a plane or on the ferry - without paying a charge).

At the moment I have a netbook and I have about 150 of my DVD's ripped and stored on the netbook as mpegs, which I will watch when traveling by plane or ferry. You can't store that many on the Ipad, yes I could just put a few on, but I would much rather be able to store hundreds rather than dozens.

I like the Ipad, I have an Iphone 4 and love the interface.

Archived