I just use an Orange PAYG card when I'm in the UK and plan to do similar in the USA later this year. Saves roaming on MT

I am like you in that I use PAYG SIM cards abroad.

I was googling micro-SIMs when I came across this website. They may just have the answer I was looking for to be able to use the various PAYG mini SIMS I have acquired for different countries in the micro-SIM equipped iPhone 4. The cutter looks an

and the SIM adapter looks as if it will allow the cut down SIMs to still be used in a normal phone.

Has anyone used this kit?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if all else fails there is abroadband (www.abroadband.com) which will give you most of the world including the US at a fixed price of €0.59 per mb

Much more expensive than a local sim obviously but good for places where they don't do PAYG data.

What cases / protectors does everyone have for their ipad2s?

Not exactly answering the question but I got a Duragadget IPad (1) case from Play.com, really fantasic quality and very reasonably priced, worth having a search on Play,

LT

Just downloaded the free British Library iPad app and did a search on "isle of man". There's quite a few old books available. These aren't clean OCR versions; they're scans of the original books from the 1800's, which I think adds to the character of them.

Worth "checking out"

ETA - just started reading Black's Guide to the Isle of Man from 1896

Have you signed up to Douglas library ? Not sure if its been mentioned in here yet or not but you download overdrive on your ipad and sign in with your library card and pin number and get free ebooks to read for 2 weeks. Selection is not the best yet but I am sure it will get better.

Just scored an iPad myself as a trade for my beloved netbook. Some useful tips on here.

I can't wait to get it now, having realised that my netbook has (99% of the time at least) never been used for anything more than what the ipad does, and that the ipad will serve those functions a lot better. I'm about the furthest thing from an Apple fan, and I hate some of the restrictions they impose but all things considered I think I'll get a lot more use & enjoyment from this so brand bullshit goes out the window compared with . Hasn't cost me either since the sale of my fancy netbook/tablet has funded it directly.

Here's a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but any interesting app suggestions for things like motoring, photography, and potentially music making stuff? Free ones are always nice of course.

And what's the score with apps I already got for my iphone? Can I just sync them to the pad since I bought them already, or do they have to be bought a second time if I want them on that?

Ta!

And what's the score with apps I already got for my iphone? Can I just sync them to the pad since I bought them already, or do they have to be bought a second time if I want them on that?

Ta!

When you add the device in Itunes, if you have any apps that youve paid for the iphone you can load em onto your ipad without paying again

For photo editing Snapseed, Photogene, Photosmith and Filterstorm Pro are all pretty good

GarageaBand for the iPad is pretty amazing and fun

I'd recommend using Dropbox, if you don't already, for having access to your computer files while on the go. I keep manuals, bookings, etc. in mine so I always have easy access to them

Zite is a great news / magaazine type app. Have found loads of interesting photo articles through it.

Would also recommend Evernote and GoodReader

Archived