Richmond Hill To Be Re-Done?

RC-Drift.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that the camber is wrong and the work has to be re-done

...why hasn't anyone mentioned it here

It is true and it has been mentioned on here. Apparently all the money earmarked for the Prom is being diverted back to Richmond Hill to fix it. I still remember SilentBobs original pictures of the Richmond Hill work posted on here where lots of people looked at them and remarked that 'the camber looks wrong' so one wonders how many specialit reports have been commissioned before the idiots that built it agreed that its really a complete bag of shit.

It is true and it has been mentioned on here. Apparently all the money earmarked for the Prom is being diverted back to Richmond Hill to fix it. I still remember SilentBobs original pictures of the Richmond Hill work posted on here where lots of people looked at them and remarked that 'the camber looks wrong' so one wonders how many specialit reports have been commissioned before the idiots that built it agreed that its really a complete bag of shit.

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. :rolleyes:

It was a joke.

It was reported well before april 1st that a UK highways inspector had been sent pictures of the reworked hill by a local haulier and on first glance it caused enough concern for the guy to come over and check it as'photos' can be miss leading. As far as I am told a letter was then written to the DoI informing them that re-instatement of the road the kerbs and retention walls etc were not to standard and will need to be made good, the camber apparently gives large good vehicles the sense of Understeer on the large corner at the junction to the houses causing the vehicle to run towards the kerb for the given amount of turning applied by the driver if more turn is applied then wheels will be sliding across the road surface making it more dangerous and wearing the road surface quicker

It may have been an April Fool but this sort of humour has a habit of coming true and let me be the first to predict that it will be dug up again before the end of the year. It should be renamed Brown's Folly, and does anyone seriously think the road is now any safer ?

To be fair, Brown has enough follies to his name - this one needs to be named David (God speaks to me) Anderson.

Having driven down Richmond Hill, I can't help thinking that the first would-be racing driver that hurtles down the hill, drifts off the road to the left just after the house, will be launched up into the air and endure a horrific drop into the field, and certain death. It reminds me of a ski-jump / Arc Royal type launching ramp. As for the merge left arrow on the way up, how long before some chancer over steps on that one?

It was reported well before april 1st that a UK highways inspector had been sent pictures of the reworked hill by a local haulier and on first glance it caused enough concern for the guy to come over and check it as'photos' can be miss leading. As far as I am told a letter was then written to the DoI informing them that re-instatement of the road the kerbs and retention walls etc were not to standard and will need to be made good, the camber apparently gives large good vehicles the sense of Understeer on the large corner at the junction to the houses causing the vehicle to run towards the kerb for the given amount of turning applied by the driver if more turn is applied then wheels will be sliding across the road surface making it more dangerous and wearing the road surface quicker

You really are quite mental, Im sure UK highways inspectors have enough things to inspect in the UK without coming over to the IOM to comment on matters over which they have no jurisdiction. If you cant drive round that corner now (or for that matter as it was before the works ) it may be time to give up driving.

Sorry but I feel the whole thing was a waste of public money. Surely just removing the hedge and easing the bend at the top of the hill was all that was required?

Sticking a speed camera there would have been even cheaper

Sorry but I feel the whole thing was a waste of public money. Surely just removing the hedge and easing the bend at the top of the hill was all that was required?

Sticking a speed camera there would have been even cheaper

And not sticking a speed camera there would have been even cheaper than that!

Archived