General Election 2011 - Onchan

Declan

as you were at the first meeting you would or should have noticed how David answered the questions with actual facts and not pure guesswork and theatricals. I would have preferred BS to get in alongside DQ and PK but never happened. I would hardly call David harmless.

David Quirk was part of the steering group that was ultimately responsible for wasting £1.8m on the Ramsey pier. I would hardly call David harmless either.

Just a 'yes man' = votes wasted

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as you were at the first meeting you would or should have noticed how David answered the questions with actual facts and not pure guesswork and theatricals. I would have preferred BS to get in alongside DQ and PK but never happened. I would hardly call David harmless.

David Quirk was part of the steering group that was ultimately responsible for wasting £1.8m on the Ramsey pier. I would hardly call David harmless either.

Just a 'yes man' = votes wasted

Oh great, have we got five years of "I told you so" to look forward to

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was pretty surprised to see David Quirk get in, I suppose he is another man of the people person. Mr Stowell did worse than I expected, he obviously didn't get the sympathy vote, or maybe he did.

Stowell, I think, got the "let's get Earnshaw out" vote.....

Probably. It's 100% his own making that he didn't get in - I suspect a lot of the votes he got were from people who simply didn't want to vote for someone else. Coming across as an arrogant bully loudmouth can't have gotten him many genuine votes.

Brian Stowell has quit the Commissioners after coming last in the poll for the election and then commenting on the radio that he shared the view of some others that his fellow board members were gutless and witless. He has commented since that he has no regrets resigning from politics altogether which appears to me to be more of a poor excuse than a genuine case as a result of his comments and for his failure to became an MHK at his second attempt. Lets face it, if he had been elected he would surley have delighted in taking up his long sought after officein Tynwald.Unfortunatly for him he has been humiliated and the voters have prevailed in the democratic process.

Ha! Ham Yam you're still obsessed with Mr Stowell it seems, get over yourself and get a grip man.

I simply leave you with this quote:

"The wise determine from the gravity of the case; the irritable, from sensibility to oppression; the high minded, from distain and indignation at abusive power in the wrong hands"

Edmund Burke,

Orator, Philosopher and Politician.

"The wise determine from the gravity of the case; the irritable, from sensibility to oppression; the high minded, from distain and indignation at abusive power in the wrong hands"

Edmund Burke,

Couldn't you just play Tennis instead?

Edmund Burke,

Couldn't you just play Tennis instead?

From your comment you appear, unlike some, at least to have heard that there were issues regarding the closure of the squash courts. I would therefore cordially invite you to consider more closely the quote of Edmond Burke. Appologies if you have already done so.

From your comment you appear, unlike some, at least to have heard that there were issues regarding the closure of the squash courts. I would therefore cordially invite you to consider more closely the quote of Edmond Burke. Appologies if you have already done so.

How about Badminton? They do that in the Community Centre hall.

How about Badminton? They do that in the Community Centre hall.

Your right, they do. And they can also operate a dance school from there, or any other hall for that matter, but you can't play squash there, which can only be played on purpose built squash courts, such as the ones Onchan Commissioners purpose built, and then unnecessarily gave away to the dance people, instead of the squash people, over issues you appear to have heard about and may even know can be read about elsewhere!! smile.png

But hey, your getting warm.

Archived