General Election 2011 - Onchan

Declan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If opening your mouth and having opinions is all you want, there's a bloke I know who spends a lot of time in the pub and enjoys a drink. He is never shy about opening his mouth and has plenty of opinions, whether you want to hear them or not.

Recent opinions have included hanging non-white immigrants because 'sending them back is too good for them', killing gays because they are why football is so crap these days, legalising dog fighting and force-feeding drug users Class A drugs until they die.

He often shits in his trousers too.

Should I send him up to Onchan to be your MHK?

How do you know pauld?

...all some in Onchan want is someone who opens their mouth and has an opinion.

And we wonder why such a shower of shit gets elected.

Looking at the candidates in Onchan, I think that's the best you can hope for! However the voting goes in Onchan we'll be stuck with a shower of shit. Let's hope the voters in other constituencues get it right.

It wasn't as full last night as it was the previous night, but a pretty interesting evening.

David Quirk - Didn't really have much to say.

Peter Karran - When he gets going he comes across as a good talker and and is very passionate, gets lost a few times and moves away from the question pretty quickly.

Zac Hall - First time I had heard him talk, he usually followed Peter and didn't have that much to add, but what he did say came across pretty well.

Adrian Earnshaw - Being a Minister, he was the whipping boy, but he defended himself well most of the time.

Brian Stowell - Should be on the stage as a comedy villain, good talker, but comes across as a bit of a plonker. Said he had resigned from 160 companies, might have plenty of spare time after the election then.

June Kelly - The mouse it the corner, but she did roar a few times, maybe she is not experienced, but she seems to have a sensible head on her shoulders.

I'm pretty sure Peter Karran will get in, haven't a clue about the others.

I found it amusing when the young lad stood up and said that he would struggle to get the grades in his A levels to get the funding for Uni. All the candidates 'one by one' proceeded to tell him that he should not consider himself a dummy etc... The poor kid thought he was set for McDonalds. If there was anyone in the audience who worked for McDonalds then God help them....

If opening your mouth and having opinions is all you want, there's a bloke I know who spends a lot of time in the pub and enjoys a drink. He is never shy about opening his mouth and has plenty of opinions, whether you want to hear them or not.

Recent opinions have included hanging non-white immigrants because 'sending them back is too good for them', killing gays because they are why football is so crap these days, legalising dog fighting and force-feeding drug users Class A drugs until they die.

He often shits in his trousers too.

Should I send him up to Onchan to be your MHK?

Why not.... you did last time.

I found it amusing when the young lad stood up and said that he would struggle to get the grades in his A levels to get the funding for Uni. All the candidates 'one by one' proceeded to tell him that he should not consider himself a dummy etc... The poor kid thought he was set for McDonalds. If there was anyone in the audience who worked for McDonalds then God help them....

I think what they were trying to say (somewhat clumsily) that not everyone should expect to get to university. It isn't for everyone and there are more opportunities out there, such as college, apprenticeships, etc.

The lad kept on referring to "MaccyD's".

Most of the audience didn't have a fucken clue what he meant. I think most of them thought serving behind a fast food counter with a funny cap on was about the lad's true limit.

That said though, these days to be awarded a University degree appears to be one of those rights in life our young folk expect.

Well I was pretty surprised to see David Quirk get in, I suppose he is another man of the people person. Mr Stowell did worse than I expected, he obviously didn't get the sympathy vote, or maybe he did.

Stowell, I think, got the "let's get Earnshaw out" vote.....

Probably. It's 100% his own making that he didn't get in - I suspect a lot of the votes he got were from people who simply didn't want to vote for someone else. Coming across as an arrogant bully loudmouth can't have gotten him many genuine votes.

Archived