General Election 2011 - Onchan

Declan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not hard to find out whois this though. I wonder if there'll be any repercussions?

She doesn't seem shy in putting her name next to her objections:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/letters/my_grave_concern_over_candidate_1_3765919

Might be better though if she declared her interest on the website as she has in that letter. It's clearly not an unbiased position. I agree with some of what she says though, seems bonkers the way the squashies have been treated, and his gloating about being anti sports in those recordings (if true) isn't going to get him many young votes .

Not that he needs any help losing the election as far as I can see.

I beg to differ that Onchan has 3 good MHK's. I'm just at a loss who I'm going to vote for this time round they're all crap. I may, however, just vote for anyone but stowell and earnshaw

Quite a few disgruntled people I know are adopting the 'vote for someone who will never win' approach. Preferably a newbie.

Some would argue a wasted vote but they would argue "its wasted anyway" if we vote back in the last lot as they will just slip back into their safe and comfy positions.

As an Onchan resident, I'm so disappointed with the candidates names put forward. None of them instill me with confidence.

BUT, we can only vote for what is presented before us and make an informed judgement on what we've learned, read or heard. This smear campaign on Stowell is a bit naughty too. Snide ...

I beg to differ that Onchan has 3 good MHK's. I'm just at a loss who I'm going to vote for this time round they're all crap. I may, however, just vote for anyone but stowell and earnshaw

Quite a few disgruntled people I know are adopting the 'vote for someone who will never win' approach. Preferably a newbie.

Some would argue a wasted vote but they would argue "its wasted anyway" if we vote back in the last lot as they will just slip back into their safe and comfy positions.

As an Onchan resident, I'm so disappointed with the candidates names put forward. None of them instill me with confidence.

BUT, we can only vote for what is presented before us and make an informed judgement on what we've learned, read or heard.

Excuse bloat quote but I think that summarises the main problem as a whole.

The present bunch have in the main proved their complete inability to deal with any of the situations arising (apart from feather their own nests)

Which hopefully would lead to mass removal.

But then we have the replacements who generally seem unlikely to offer a satisfactory response.

Sadly lacking.

I'm afraid the door seems to be ajar for an unfortunately high percentage of the same useless twats as before.

I'd personally like to see a large scale clearout of the present lot but if that happens, it might well be a case of out of the frying pan.....

That's it in a nutshell. It's a question of voting AGAINST the incumbents, rather than voting FOR the alternatives. And who knows, the newbies may turn out to be surprisingly effective. Much better than spoiling the ballot, or abstaining altogether.

This smear campaign on Stowell is a bit naughty too. Snide ...

I agree. That campaign, however genuine the grievance, is just nasty, and, impossible as I might recently have imagined it, has given me some sympathy for Mr Stowell.

Archived