General Election 2011 - Garff

Declan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you live in Garff, there's no point voting now, is there?

Don't say things like that!

Why not?

Was considering voting for Dobson as I don't want to vote for Rodan.

Dobson's disregard for the law and inability to complete his nomination form correctly now leaves me with no choice.

So why bother wasting my time voting?

I Agree total waste of time now

very dissapointed

no fight there now

won't be much of a victory for Rodan

Only three things to say.

One: I was driving to try to save my marrage - Sorry.

Two: Have you ever committed on the Isle of Man or else where an offence liable to imprisonment? My only offence at the time was drink driving some years ago, and I wasn't imprisoned, nor did anyone suggest I would be. That is my mistake on my nomination form.

Three: Interviewed Monday night, charged Tuesday night, bailed Wednesday morning, election going ahead Wednesday pm (the election was always going ahead, nothing in law could stop it) You decide, but vote, even against me, but vote.

Nigel Dobson.

Am I missing something? Hasn't Mr Dobson plead guilty to both charges?

If I do decide to turn up to vote it will be to spoil my paper.

I am not voting for Rodan, the man didn't have the courtesy to reply to a letter I sent to him. Even to just acknowledge receipt of it.

Plus in my opinion none of the last lot should get back in.

I don't know what to make of the timing of this charge but voters can't reliably use this information to judge you either way. Because, quite simply, under British justice, you are innocent until proven guilty.

What, so the Police should have waited until after the election to charge him? Then they would have been (quite rightly) accused of trying to 'cover things up' until after election day. They had a duty to pursue as soon as it came to their attention.

I'm sure that Lib Van, with their up-standing morals and calls for transparency and openness would be the first to agree.

Now, has their esteemed leader made any official comment as yet? Seems surprising for someone so committed to 'transparency' that they remain silent for so long.

Two: Have you ever committed on the Isle of Man or else where an offence liable to imprisonment? My only offence at the time was drink driving some years ago, and I wasn't imprisoned, nor did anyone suggest I would be. That is my mistake on my nomination form.

Three: Interviewed Monday night, charged Tuesday night, bailed Wednesday morning, election going ahead Wednesday pm (the election was always going ahead, nothing in law could stop it) You decide, but vote, even against me, but vote.

Nigel Dobson.

Nigel

Coming on here and posting this says more about you that the charges (IMHO). I hope everything works out for you personally.

The whole legal debacle smacks of an attack on the Lib Van party especially in regard to the timing of the announcements. I can imagine this will do some damage at least to their candidates chances.

Having said that you would expect that within a political party, under a leader with considerable political experience, something as simple as getting the nomination papers right would have been dealt with, there are very few questions to answer and it woudln't have taken much to have checked.

As regards Dobbo's explanation, credit worthy that he's made an open statement, but hasn't he heard of a taxi!!

His admission (see point one in his post earlier this morning) is good enough for me.

Good enough for you - but not good enough for a Court of Law which will have to examine all the evidence.

I don't think so. If he plead guilty surely the next hearing will simply be to hear any mitigation and pass the sentence?

Full credit to him though for coming on here and giving an explanation. And full credit for standing in the election. Not many on MF would have the guts to put themselves in the public spotlight.

Nigel Dobson.

I can not honestly believe what some of you people say!

As someone who has had quite a lot of involvement with Mr Dobson and who KNOWS the TRUTH and not just Political / personal coverup and lies - This is total B.S

One: I was driving to try to save my marrage - Sorry. Your only concern with your marriage is the fact that you can't afford the settlement, due within the next few weeks.

YOU DID NOT HAVE TO and were TOLD NOT to drive your car on the day in question! YOU made a PREMEDITATED decision 24 hours before the boat to drive your car! totally disregarding the Law or what the consequencies could have been if you had injured or God forbid killed someone (NO INSURANCE) Not because it was not valid due to the licence not being full but due to the fact YOU FAILED TO GET IT!

Two: Have you ever committed on the Isle of Man or else where an offence liable to imprisonment? My only offence at the time was drink driving some years ago, and I wasn't imprisoned, nor did anyone suggest I would be. That is my mistake on my nomination form. - With your forms came a full instruction leaflet EXPLAINING very clearing what should or should not be disclosed!

If you had difficulty reading i'm sure you could have asked another party member or indeed your legal advisor to interpret for you ! you are supposed to be an 'inteligent successful business man' after all!

Mr Dobson YOU made decisions - YOU CHOSE to disregard the LAW - NO ONE FORCED YOU!! YOU HAVE NO DEFENCE, NO MITIGATING CURCUMSTANCES! Stand up and be a man and stop taking the P*** out of the Manx Government!

p.s - Is it true you owe the Manx Government a substantial ammount in Taxes and unpaid VAT!

This post is based on the Truth and nothing less1

Nigel Dobson.

I was trying to keep an open mind on this but this post has done it for me. Drunk driving, driving while disqualified & lying on your nomination paper are one thing, but encouraging people to vote for Steve Rodan - that's unforgivable. I hope they throw away the key!

Archived