2006 Election

Candidates Declared

Steve Rodan MHK

Manx Radio Page

Wikipedia

MHK's They Work For You

Tynwald CV

==================

Note I'll try and keep updating this post with links and information as the thread and the election develops.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I happen to think he's about the best of our MHKs - and ought to be seriously considered for the CM's job - I firmly believe that someone ought to stand against him, even if its simply to register the number who are in some way dissatisfied with him. In the interests of democracy, there ought to be a contest.

Agree Terse, but what would be the point?

As far as I can tell, Rodan is popular and as you say, one of our best MHK's, an experienced politician with good contacts in UK political circles (?)

IIRC wasn't he instrumental in securing the UK's about face on the reciprocal health agreement, long after other MHK's had accepted as fact it was ending?

No-one would stand against him because they know they couldn't win, and why waste your money? What's average cost of standing for election now-a-days? £5k?

Anyone contending against Rodan this time round?

I wish someone would - he ignored a letter I sent to him!

Ditto . . .

There comes a time when a politician's seat can be too safe. Ignoring letters is a sure sign.

That can only be described as 'opportunism.' He was well aware - and has stated - that he'd have no chance of competing against Rodan; so much so that he was (allegedly) seriously considering having a go in Onchan.

Now, if Steve makes President of Tynwald, it opens the door for 'Dobbo' to walk right in. I can only hope that someone else will declare to run against him.

That can only be described as 'opportunism.' He was well aware - and has stated - that he'd have no chance of competing against Rodan; so much so that he was (allegedly) seriously considering having a go in Onchan.

Now, if Steve makes President of Tynwald, it opens the door for 'Dobbo' to walk right in. I can only hope that someone else will declare to run against him.

Put up or shut up.

Put up or shut up.

That's not very nice, Mr Dobson! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If Dobson was Manx I'd vote for him - I'd rather the idiots in the Keys were home-grown ones rather than English.

Well the incumbent isn't Manx or English. Rodan considered CM material. Surely CM should be MANX.

I don't care whether they're Manx, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, German or Martian. What I'm bothered about is the quality of the person, not their nationality.

Archived