General Election 2011 - Middle

Declan

Good post, which gives a fair overview of our candidates,so whow will win? M Q has come out Fighting and is actually starting to sound like a strong purposefull politician! He must be feeling the vibes and knows his seat is in jepordy.5 yrs to late imo.J C has come over beter than expected and is certainly one of the beter lib-vans,but as others have said,why vote for someone who will not take an active part in running this island,mayaswell be an unpaid commisioner dealing with local issues.So that leaves PC+HQ,PC seems a little to close to the government way of thinking,which i am sure would fit in well,but would that be just more of the same? I will probally take my chance with HQ and see if he can turn hot air into something of substance,has he really got the midas touch?

P.S. Just heard Nick Clegg stating its no time for backroom boys,is that not a msg to the lib-van party?

I am taking my chance with howard quayle too, i kept him on the doorstep for an hour lol and he answered every question i asked

his views seem to be similar to the majority of islanders

I would not Vote for

Martyn Quayle as he didnt even bother to come around to our estate

Juan Cottier and the Lib Van crowd would have our health Services run by a health company from the UK and they couldnt answer questions in the examiner interview with their own words, how boring were their interviews lol

Paul Craine another one that didnt knock my door and also he is methodist church so its fair enough to say we would know his views then on gay rights....

So that left me with HQ and to be honest I could of talked to him for longer, he was easy to talk to and he didnt hesitate with his replies..

Maybe its time for a couple of newbies with business heads to get into government instead of egotistic former or current mhks who enjoy scoring points against each other or are moved to different departments when the f*** up!!! and wasting taxpayers money constantly!

I can't see HQ getting much done in gov. Has some quick answers, but I thought about it after the Rep I went to and wasn't convinced. Don't know that he knocked on my door, but perhaps I was out.

One lovely one he came out with was that he spoke to someone at an insurance co who had 1 manager to 12 staff, while gov has 1 to 4 or something, so that must be wrong. Sounds good, but the insurance co I know has something like 1 to 3. Different company, different work, different ratio. Either HQ believes gov is easy peasy, or he's simply trying to score points (oh, just like the ones there already!).

PC is the one for me. Listened to what I said and came back with his view (didn't simply say what I wanted to hear). Also, seemed pretty open-minded to me, so no idea where any of them stand on gay rights.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Egotistical and Howard Quayle are good bedfellows and Paul Craine "doesn't want to become a career politician!

Howard spent half an hour on my sofa telling me how bad all the other candidates were. Really made me ant to punch his face in!

Paul Craine didn't even bother to call

Martyn Quayle talked at me as he ran off down my drive. Talk about 'lesser spotted quayle'!

Juan Cottier is wonderful, not only answered my questions, but listened and took on board my ideas.

Lets just hope we get someone who WILL work for our good and not their own.

The People of Middle got what they deserved.

Look out for HQ's wonderful opportunity for two young couples that he has in the pipeline......

PS and PC STILL hasn't talked to me.

Polls on Thursday, Dogs on Friday

Archived