Major Fire In Douglas

molly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Street Incident update, 6 appliances, 4 x BA, Hosereel and Thermal Image Cameras in use, crews engaged in firefighting operations.

11 minutes ago

IOM Fire & Rescue

iomfire IOM Fire & Rescue

6 Appliances are in attendance at a fire in Lord Street Douglas all crews engaged for some time, no further information available.

17 minutes ago

Isle of Man Police

iompolice Isle of Man Police

Please avoid the area of Lord Street Douglas from the traffic light junction with North Quay and Ridgeway Street due to a major fire

Isle of Man Constabulary Media Page

Update for Fire in Lord St, Douglas. Major fire in Lord Street

flats now under control. Four casualties for smoke inhalation and shock.

Roads in the area will remain closed until 1am at the earliest.

From the news it seemss there were no serious injuries.

Waiting for the report saying that £x00,000s of damage has been done to what are only £x0,000s worth of flats.

That will include new 10 grand kitchens, 5 grand bathrooms and a swimming pool of course.

I hope there are no serious casualties.

That makes a change. you're normally on here gloating when someone gets hurt - or is that only reserved for motorcyclists? :D

I don't know how much longer our government can continue using our money to promote the highly dangerous pursuit of living in flats when there is the ever-present danger of fire, possibly bringing injury and death.

It is timed living in flats was banned, or at least government stops spending OUR money to promote this highly dangerous way of life.

My phone was second hand and cost me less than £20 but i have many photographic memories on it - So i don't think it's fair to trivialize what this poor person has lost in a monetary value, even more so those who have been affected by actions that are not of their own doing. It is their home. The window frames have melted and melting has also occured on the flat above. The thought of this occurring makes me feel sick. Fully agree with censorship, Somehow the council-flats have to go.

Archived