Vote Boot For Mhk!1

Alias

There are more than enough egotistical when-i's like this on the Island already. Who local would vote for someone clearly so deluded? I assume therefore that the seats werent contested in German this time around?

They were indeed contested - indeed very enthusiastically with the highest turnout on the Island:

Local Authority General Election 2012 - GERMAN (5 seats)

Geoffrey Boot 174 Elected

Susan Boot 154

Peter Wilfred Dale * 240 Elected

Raymond Trevor Hardman 64

John Arnold Kennaugh * 289 Elected

Matthew David Wadsworth 169 Elected

Kenneth George Watterson 217 Elected

Percentage turnout 57%

*denotes candidate is a sitting member

Further excitement was provided when the Returning Officer, in the finest traditions of the Manx Bar, managed to lose 100 of Watterson's votes (so easy to do in such a big constituency) and declared the "Baroness" as a member of the Commissioners. The legal establishment then spent the next week fannying around trying to work out what to do.

It's a shame that we can't find some role for the colourful Boot and his talents. There's something of the Biggles about his name and his photo gallery that recalls the age of the young gentleman adventurer. I can just see him as he taxis out from his private hangar at Reynoldsway, scarf flapping in the wind, on another mission to sort out Johnny foreigner and the old enemy with their fancy Dan tax laws. Chocks away - Boot Over Brussels. Could be a movie in it ? Get Christian on the blower right away....

Archived