Hermes - Who Does Their Deliveries Here?

modey

I've never even come across this delivery method - what sort of companies use Hermes?

Just crappy ones like Amazon http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3545391

How else do you reckon they do the Super Saver Deliveries? Not by having a Rolls Royce service and paying a living wage. They do it by having warehouse staff on low pay and zero hours contracts then paying a random bod coppers to deliver it. Why would the man at the sharp end care about the service? Would you?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never even come across this delivery method - what sort of companies use Hermes?

Just crappy ones like Amazon http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3545391

How else do you reckon they do the Super Saver Deliveries? Not by having a Rolls Royce service and paying a living wage. They do it by having warehouse staff on low pay and zero hours contracts then paying a random bod coppers to deliver it. Why would the man at the sharp end care about the service? Would you?

how bizarre - I've ordered hundreds of things off amazon and it's always been royal mail or MIC

I am also a firm super saver delivery user

how bizarre - I've ordered hundreds of things off amazon and it's always been royal mail or MIC

Yes they do use an assortment of conveyances to the Island, some of which will cost them far in excess of what you paid for the goods! Doesn't matter though. It's only shareholders' money. I believe it's Hermes'd up to the boat vicinity and then consolidated to get here because there isn't a Hermes method of getting via the Steam Packet.

I think some companies are realising how bad Hermes are.

Yodel/CollectPlus are fine because they get handled by IoM Post.

Hermes tends to just be left on the doorstep, maybe a week after it was ordered..to give them credit, it has always turned up eventually, at least in my experience.

If a seller doesn't use a real courier, I'll usually try and find someone else. MIC are great service wise but it's a ball-ache to go down to Union Mills if I miss a delivery (Ramsey) vs going to the sorting office or asking the postie to leave it in the shed.

Hermes tends to just be left on the doorstep, maybe a week after it was ordered..to give them credit, it has always turned up eventually, at least in my experience.

To be fair, that delay isn't always the courier's fault. For things like "Super Saver Free Delivery", obviously it has to be done on the cheap and that can mean it sits in a cage until they have enough to make it worthwhile going to that area. You possibly do better here than some off the beaten track in the UK because of the previously mentioned bringing to the Island by real couriers and the boats being close to trunk routes in the UK.

• 8 months later...

Complain directly to Hermes at the address below.

They are busting a gut to improve their service and image and will come down like a ton of skunk excreta on local agents who are not providing the best service.

customer.relations@hermes-europe.co.uk

Before whining about Hermes, bear in mind that most of the companies which use Hermes to deliver to the IOM would not deliver to the IOM if Hermes did not exist here. Which is partly because the way those companies work means that a lot of what gets delivered is also returned (eg wrong size etc).

Personally, I think they're great. It's a rough and ready service at rock bottom prices. If you want a better service buy bespoke.

Before whining about Hermes, bear in mind that most of the companies which use Hermes to deliver to the IOM would not deliver to the IOM if Hermes did not exist here. Which is partly because the way those companies work means that a lot of what gets delivered is also returned (eg wrong size etc).

Personally, I think they're great. It's a rough and ready service at rock bottom prices. If you want a better service buy bespoke.

Precisely. Get what you pay for. I wouldn't even walk up the path for what they pay, let alone ring the doorbell!

We have also ordered well over 100 items from Amazon and not once has an item been "delivered" by Hermes (thank f**k).

We have had several parcels via Hermes from Ebay sellers and catalogues and the service has been, at best, effing rubbish.

Just had a handful of deliveries via MH. Each gas taken about a week, which is fine. Each has arrived intact, door rung and signed for.

I don't have an issue with them myself.

Still waiting for stuff to come over with RM/IoMP, looks like that'll have to be a claim for lost goods.

Archived