Hermes - Who Does Their Deliveries Here?

modey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used Hermes to send some ebay parcels a while ago, drawn in by their cheap prices and the fact that Next use them, so they must bve alright then? Wrong. Ended up refunding postage to a couple of people to avoid bad feedback and will never use them again.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd shed some light on this.

The "couriers" on the IOM are part-time people, those who just want to make a bit of money, semi-retired kind. Anyway, the orders are delivered to the island by Manx Independent Carriers to which these get delivered to the apporopriate courier and from there they get delivered to your house by this person whenever they can be bothered.

In my case, my courier for my neighbourhood went on holiday and aparently there is a big back log, but that's not my problem...

There is nothing you can do when websites offer free delivery only and it comes through Hermes, other than of course shop somewhere else.

Hope it helped some people get a better understanding on this issue.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have any names or contact numbers for the Hermes people delivering here? According to their website, my item has been out for paid delivery since 4.45 this morning! How big is the island again?

Does anyone have any names or contact numbers for the Hermes people delivering here? According to their website, my item has been out for paid delivery since 4.45 this morning! How big is the island again?

I had a large heavy parcel delivered before 9am this morning, tracking showed it out for delivery at 4.45am yesterday, I have no complaints, I have always had pretty good service from Hermes at great prices (ie todays parcel 14kg for around £14.from Manchesterthumbsup.gif

PS I am in Port Erin.

Hermes couriers don't deliver, they don't knock on the door, ring the doorbell or anything. They shove a card through the letter box ( with no contact details, delivery numbers, nothing) dump the parcel on the door step and run. That's my experience. Several times over

My parcel's just arrived :-) All seems well, just as well, as they are not cheap items and there are no contact details whatsoever on the parcel and the company I ordered from has premium rates on their indian 'helplines'.

I have heard so many horror stories about Hermes from people in the UK, they even leave parcels in people's bins!

Someone I know tried working for the likes of Hermes. You have to provide your own transport (wonder how many have the proper insurance cover?), keep to a punishing delivery schedule and are paid a pittance. He packed it in after a few weeks and went to drive a taxi.

Someone I know tried working for the likes of Hermes. You have to provide your own transport (wonder how many have the proper insurance cover?), keep to a punishing delivery schedule and are paid a pittance. He packed it in after a few weeks and went to drive a taxi.

Poor choice - packages don't throw up on the back seat.

Hermes works very well indeed when it comes to sending parcels to the UK. The problems seem to be this side.

It's not universally sweetness and light. http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage-Payments/Is-My-Hermes-a-good-option/qaq-p/1086875

I do smile with satisfaction when I see these internet order thingies going pear shaped and causing loads more grief than if they'd bought locally. Not nice I know. Sorry. Just can't help it. stuart.gif

Archived