Diabolical Customer Service/fantastic Customer Service All In One Day

Pontius

'Buy Local' they say! Hmmm! Two contrasting examples from yesterday.

Firstly, at approx midnight we called a local taxi company, prominent in the South, to book a taxi from Port Erin to PSM. We were told pick up would be at 1.25 this morning. They took our mobile number so they could call us if they could make it earlier. By 1.35 no sign so we called again to be told that they had called, the house was in darkness and we'd have to wait another hour! Absolute and utter tripe, as the house was well lit, with a party going on in the front room, and 4 of us keeping a watch for the taxi in case we missed it! They'd either completely messed up the booking or gone to the wrong (similarly named) road - but they had our mobile number! No apology or anything! We elected to walk home instead. They will not be receiving our business again - ever - and I will be making a formal complaint to the registration authority, for whatever good that will do.

In contrast, I give you Manx Print Care. I use them regularly but only for small orders for a home PC printer. Yesterday, I ordered 2 cartridges, they arrived this morning with a note saying that they only had one in stock, so had broken up a multi-pack to provide the second! THAT is customer service and they deserve all the local business they can get! Well done, Ken Ackroyd!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have had many many problems with a taxi firm in the South of the Island. On most occasions they just don't turn up but my personal favourite is when I rang enquiring what had happened as the taxi was an hour late. They'll be there any minute I was told. 30 minutes later I get a call from an unbelievably rude taxi driver to say they were directly outside my house. When I told him that I was in my house and he was nowhere to be seen, he proceeded to tell me that he'd used to live in my house and that he was directly outside it, that I was messing him about, expletives etc etc. Not true I said, you must be outside a different house and I think I know which number my house is thank you very much. He then hung up on me and a minute or so later drove past my house on the way out of the estate. What a cunch of bunts

Manx Print Care are very good, got me out of a fix a time or two ... Can I also add that the Harbour Lights restaurants, especially in Ramsey and Douglas are fabulous, always wonderful service and brilliant staff... Pity we couldn't say the same for Coast the weekend of 17th December ... Highly overpriced, minuscule portions, appalling service and totally inedable food ... Awful !

Manx Print Care are very good, got me out of a fix a time or two ... Can I also add that the Harbour Lights restaurants, especially in Ramsey and Douglas are fabulous, always wonderful service and brilliant staff... Pity we couldn't say the same for Coast the weekend of 17th December ... Highly overpriced, minuscule portions, appalling service and totally inedable food ... Awful !

Had a couple of good meals out fairly recently, HQ and thoroughly enjoyed the meal although a tad on the pricey side (the tall waiter was quite charming) and the Majestic, otherwise known as the Water margin. Great meal and service was fab too. I've used Manx print care once myself and although I haven't anything fab to say, they did what I asked them and have no complaints. Never been to Harbour lights and will check them out sometime in the next couple of months. (hubs Birthday)

Appalling service - the Creek in Peel for on the turn crab sarnies, which complaint they refused to accept and got quite arsie about it! Shame, we've been partaking of crab sarnies at the Creek for more than 30 years, no more now though.

Fantastic service - the little caff on the Peel breakwater, really nice crab baps and always pleasant service. Thumbs up!

mad.gif Appalling service - Marks and Spencer

I went in their dogs breakfast of a store the other day and found all of their female staff in the none food departments surly, irritable, abrupt and unhelpful.

Their customers seem just a damned nuisance.

flowers.gif Excellent service - Looneys of Ramsey

Staff pleasant and most helpful.

Had an issue with a certain southern taxi company not turning up for an airport run for the red eye!

But its OK, competition is alive and well and we don't need any more taxis.

red eye.....a red eye flight on or to the iom, oh my days i had a laugh at that, get you with your international (typically american phrase) jargon!!!.

• 1 month later...

Just a follow on from the original taxi incident. I complained to the Road Transport Licencing Committee who investigated (thoroughly, by what they told me of the circumstances), upheld my complaint, and have written to the company concerned pointing out their errors.

So - I'd urge anyone with a complaint about taxis to complain to the RLTC - they do a proper job!

Archived