Diabolical Customer Service/fantastic Customer Service All In One Day

Pontius

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general rule, Manx service has always been shit, as long as I can remember. It's a shame for the people and businesses who really do try hard and provide an excellent friendly service/product. There are many of them too. But looking at the whole picture, over time, it's not good and a symptom of that persisting boat in the morning attitude. I have noticed an improvement in recent years but we've still to get there.   

37 minutes ago, quilp said:

Lloyd's pharmacy, Anagh Coar. "Sorry you'll have to come back tomorrow we haven't got in/only have half/can't find your prescription. Happens all the time! Fuck's sake, it's been this way in that outlet for years. Was in there yesterday on a return trip, 8 patrons in the queue, one flustered young assistant dealing with everyone, another assistant out back discussing her social life with the pharmacist. Another thing, you go in there, hand your prescription over (shop is full customers), "just confirm your name and address" you get asked. "Pardon?" she says. So you have to tell her again, only louder, so everyone in the shop can hear. "It'll be about 20 mins, are you going to wait?" So you wait, same assistant who you saw in the first place comes out with your bag- "just confirm your name and address" EH?!?! "I just gave it to you (miffed), don't you remember?" "It's procedure and there's no need to be rude!" I'm told. "And mistakes can happen you know" she said sagely. You're not kidding I thought to myself. I mean, what the fuck? 

IMG-20200728-WA0006.jpg

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I thought I would revive it and see if folks started moaning about anything. :)

56 minutes ago, quilp said:

You're not kidding I thought to myself. I mean, what the fuck? 

Good old Quilpy. I knew he wouldn't let me down.

On 12/3/2014 at 11:50 AM, Pontius said:

Another brilliant bit of local service - Qualtroughs of Castletown!

I was severely let down by another supplier who quoted 2 weeks for delivery of sheets of hardboard. Two weeks later, no sign of them. On enquiring, they'd cocked up the order process and the quoted delivery was another 3 weeks at least! Sod that!

Tootled into Qualthrough's on Monday morning, stuff not in stock.Might be here on Wednesday-ish, they said. Tuesday morning, it arrived, delivered by a friendly young chap who unloaded it quickly and put it exactly where I needed it.

Well done Qualthroughs! My business goes your way from now on!

Qualtroughs are the absolute bee’s knees.  Such helpful people.  Never patronise you if you’re just a humble DIYer looking for some good advice.  

43 minutes ago, ed fournier said:

Qualtroughs are the absolute bee’s knees.  Such helpful people.  Never patronise you if you’re just a humble DIYer looking for some good advice.  

I miss Quiggins. Absolutely nothing they didn’t sell.

21 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

Service in the LA is now non-existent, but at least there's no drunk landlord to put up with

It's bloody dark in there. Even during the day. Can't see what you're drinking, and it doesn't taste good.

On 2/16/2012 at 8:29 PM, manshimajin said:

Excellent service in Sure on Strand Street this morning. Lost my SIM card. A lady working there fixed me up with a new SIM, same number and popped on the extra credit I wanted in double quick time. Extremely helpful and a good approach to her customer.

And it works in my 1995 Nokia! Great at last I'm back to using a phone that is a phone!!!!!

The people in the Sure shop are great, unfortunately everything else about Sure is dire. I signed up for an all in one deal which they delivered in drips and have now decided not to give me as “I shouldn’t have been sold the deal“ (by their telesales and shop staff). They didn’t tell me this until 3 months after I originally complained about the amounts I’d been charged. To top it all off they made a mistake on Monday which meant my phone line and broadband were moved to an address in Peel, I’ve had no house phone or broadband all week (and still have no date for when it will be switched back on) which means no tv, no hey google lights, no hey google thing in the kitchen and no internet. Worst customer service, ever! I’ve been with Sure since they opened but will move to MT at the soonest available opportunity, not that I expect much better from them but at least they can actually fix lines without having to get their competitor to do it. 

Archived