Diabolical Customer Service/fantastic Customer Service All In One Day

Pontius

Bad service in B and Q recently. In the plumbing section. From an older employee, who was stacking the plumbing shelves. The product I was enquiring about was right up on the inaccessible top shelf, ie 25mm MDPE pipe.

Me: "Excuse me, do you know anything about that pipe up there."

Him: "Yes, what do you need to know?"

Me: "Do you sell it by the metre?"

Him: "No, you'd have to buy a whole roll".

Me: "Oh, ok. How much is it for a roll?"

Him: "I don't know. It won't be cheap".

At which point he walked off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent service in Sure on Strand Street this morning. Lost my SIM card. A lady working there fixed me up with a new SIM, same number and popped on the extra credit I wanted in double quick time. Extremely helpful and a good approach to her customer.

And it works in my 1995 Nokia! Great at last I'm back to using a phone that is a phone!!!!!

Bad service in B and Q recently. In the plumbing section. From an older employee, who was stacking the plumbing shelves. The product I was enquiring about was right up on the inaccessible top shelf, ie 25mm MDPE pipe.

Me: "Excuse me, do you know anything about that pipe up there."

Him: "Yes, what do you need to know?"

Me: "Do you sell it by the metre?"

Him: "No, you'd have to buy a whole roll".

Me: "Oh, ok. How much is it for a roll?"

Him: "I don't know. It won't be cheap".

At which point he walked off.

Did he know who you were?If so, p'raps he thought if you dish it out you were big enough to take it?biggrin.png

Three workers in Government jobs i have had exeptional service from and deserve a mention.

Firstly the two ladies on reception at the permit office at the sea terminal. Friendly helpfull and made my day 10/10

Also a lady in the passport office who again went above and beyond duty.

Although in general i think Government workers are a complete bunch of lazy overpaid clowns to balance it out.

Terrible customer service - LIverpool Arms. Lady behind the bar was surly, unhelpful (she ignored us for 10 minutes, then told me to go and get the highchair for my baby myself,despite the fact I was carrying him at the time) and the food was crap! Excellent customer service, TyNis Bistro in Peel - lovely food, friendly helpful staff and really nice atmosphere! Just to point out that this was not all on the same day!!!

Excellent service in Sure on Strand Street this morning. Lost my SIM card. A lady working there fixed me up with a new SIM, same number and popped on the extra credit I wanted in double quick time. Extremely helpful and a good approach to her customer.

And it works in my 1995 Nokia! Great at last I'm back to using a phone that is a phone!!!!!

Ditto today, had my phone stolen last night, Sure gave me a new sim with my original number, transfered my credits--chop chop and no charge, Well done to be Sure!

• 2 years later...

Another brilliant bit of local service - Qualtroughs of Castletown!

I was severely let down by another supplier who quoted 2 weeks for delivery of sheets of hardboard. Two weeks later, no sign of them. On enquiring, they'd cocked up the order process and the quoted delivery was another 3 weeks at least! Sod that!

Tootled into Qualthrough's on Monday morning, stuff not in stock.Might be here on Wednesday-ish, they said. Tuesday morning, it arrived, delivered by a friendly young chap who unloaded it quickly and put it exactly where I needed it.

Well done Qualthroughs! My business goes your way from now on!

Another brilliant bit of local service - Qualtroughs of Castletown!

I was severely let down by another supplier who quoted 2 weeks for delivery of sheets of hardboard. Two weeks later, no sign of them. On enquiring, they'd cocked up the order process and the quoted delivery was another 3 weeks at least! Sod that!

Tootled into Qualthrough's on Monday morning, stuff not in stock.Might be here on Wednesday-ish, they said. Tuesday morning, it arrived, delivered by a friendly young chap who unloaded it quickly and put it exactly where I needed it.

Well done Qualthroughs! My business goes your way from now on!

That's the south for ya yessir!

• 5 years later...
On 2/16/2012 at 9:17 PM, Firefly said:

Terrible customer service - LIverpool Arms. Lady behind the bar was surly, unhelpful (she ignored us for 10 minutes, then told me to go and get the highchair for my baby myself,despite the fact I was carrying him at the time) and the food was crap! 

It's even worse now. Gone right downhill.

55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Are you bored?

No. I wasn't even on the site. I was searching for something else relating to business trends and for some reason it threw up this page. Once here I thought I would revive it and see if folks started moaning about anything. :)

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. I wasn't even on the site. I was searching for something else relating to business trends and for some reason it threw up this page. Once here I thought I would revive it and see if folks started moaning about anything. :)

Business trends may arse...... you were looking for 'Isle of Man Ladies' weren't you ("Lady behind the bar was surly")?!! :D

Lloyd's pharmacy, Anagh Coar. "Sorry you'll have to come back tomorrow we haven't got in/only have half/can't find your prescription. Happens all the time! Fuck's sake, it's been this way in that outlet for years. Was in there yesterday on a return trip, 8 patrons in the queue, one flustered young assistant dealing with everyone, another assistant out back discussing her social life with the pharmacist. Another thing, you go in there, hand your prescription over (shop is full customers), "just confirm your name and address" you get asked. "Pardon?" she says. So you have to tell her again, only louder, so everyone in the shop can hear. "It'll be about 20 mins, are you going to wait?" So you wait, same assistant who you saw in the first place comes out with your bag- "just confirm your name and address" EH?!?! "I just gave it to you (miffed), don't you remember?" "It's procedure and there's no need to be rude!" I'm told. "And mistakes can happen you know" she said sagely. You're not kidding I thought to myself. I mean, what the fuck? 

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Lloyd's pharmacy, Anagh Coar. "Sorry you'll have to come back tomorrow we haven't got in/only have half/can't find your prescription. Happens all the time! Fuck's sake, it's been this way in that outlet for years. Was in there yesterday on a return trip, 8 patrons in the queue, one flustered young assistant dealing with everyone, another assistant out back discussing her social life with the pharmacist. Another thing, you go in there, hand your prescription over (shop is full customers), "just confirm your name and address" you get asked. "Pardon?" she says. So you have to tell her again, only louder, so everyone in the shop can hear. "It'll be about 20 mins, are you going to wait?" So you wait, same assistant who you saw in the first place comes out with your bag- "just confirm your name and address" EH?!?! "I just gave it to you (miffed), don't you remember?" "It's procedure and there's no need to be rude!" I'm told. "And mistakes can happen you know" she said sagely. You're not kidding I thought to myself. I mean, what the fuck? 

That's got to be a first - problems getting drugs in Anagh Coar

Archived