Hawthorn Pub - Peel Road, Between Greeba/st Johns

JumpUp

been here several times, never had a bad meal; in fact it has been great food each and everytime. ive got hooked on their thai curry but they also do the best bread n butter pudding i have ever had!

you can always tell the good places if they are in the middle of nowhere and are always packed out!

i think the staff get a bit tiresome with the amount of footfall though as it is lacking the personal touch that finishes a place off but when the food is that good you can allow some things :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes they are open Sundays, what is refreshing is that i have been to eat there at 4pm on a Saturday, late afternoon on a Sunday and a random Tuesday lunch time. Consecutively each and every time the meals tasted as fabulous as they always do

I'm putting in a word for the Marine in Peel which does great meals. Food always tastes good and plenty of it, particularly the Sunday lunches. Yum yum.

start a new thread then!

Jumped Up

Why did you start one when there was already one started 27th. October 2011.Pay attention and lighten up

+ It really is feel-good well cooked food and excellent value.

- The service is a bit tired though, plus it's not warm enough and there isn't any atmosphere.

Still well worth the visit.

Aye, food's not too shabby but they should throw a jumper in with the starters, it's always freezing in there and I'm usually one for preferring it cooler rather than hot but there is a line and they draw it!! unsure.png

Archived