Hawthorn Pub - Peel Road, Between Greeba/st Johns

JumpUp

Ventured here last night.

Was pleasant, no sign of any unwelcoming messages.

Staff were ok, I think the owner fella appeared later on and stood out a bit from the 2 staff.

The food was good and my old man had one of the biggest and most tender lamb shanks I've seen.

Would visit again the next time I'm passing Greeba

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do find the toilets and the back of the menu quite amusing. There are instructions on what does what, where to put your thingy and what happens if you put the wrong thing in the wrong space all over the men's toilets. Similarly the back page of the menu a whole host of other blindingly obvious warnings and notes.

Food is nice n all but the owner clearly has a bit of OCD.

• 3 weeks later...

I do find the toilets and the back of the menu quite amusing. There are instructions on what does what, where to put your thingy and what happens if you put the wrong thing in the wrong space all over the men's toilets. Similarly the back page of the menu a whole host of other blindingly obvious warnings and notes.

Food is nice n all but the owner clearly has a bit of OCD.

I'm back again with more praise. Was there again tonight for a family birthday and not one negative comment from any of us.

We all had great meals and good service too. Had the usual Caribbean Chicken, superb thumbsup.gif 10/10

• 1 year later...

Been back to the Hawthorn several times since the above post and have been impressed on every occasion.

Was there again today for an early evening meal and I still cannot find fault with anything. 

Great food and service again. Why can't the other food pubs be as good as this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, 2bees said:

Same here, I've been twice in the past year - virtually a regular :) It's spot on, right price, right setting, good food, hilarious notices in the toilets and super friendly staff.

They make me laugh every time, clearly the owner has a form of OCD. Evidence of it is the last page of the menu too, with their list of Do's and Don't and warnings. 

EDIT: I've just noticed I said the exact same thing on this thread 18 months ago. I'll get my coat.

Archived