The Royal Family

Pierrot Lunaire

all that free money,

What free money? The Royal Family receive constitutional grants totalling approximately £30 million a year, approximately half of which goes straight back in tax. They then get taxed 50% on their personal incomes, estimated to be over £100 million in tax a year.

Now, who gets free money?

Why do they get any money whatsoever? Do they not have enough to get by, why do they need the peasants/slaves to all chip in for them? The Queen is still head of the commonwealth, which is still a pretty sizeable chunk of land on this planet and don't give me any of the bull that the royal family is more ceremonial these days than anything else. Let's try and cut off the fawning and free money and we'll soon get a rude awakening and realise who is still top of the tree.

They get paid to do various jobs, some ceremonial, some patriotic, some political. From that £15 million (after tax) they have to pay for staff, entertain foreign dignatories, travel to the four corners of the world on what is effectively government business.

If they did not get their payment and were "demoted", they would probably sod off to Monaco or somewhere, making hundreds of people unemployed and putting a £100,000,000+ hole in the UK's finances. I am sure they would love the break, but at the end of the day, that is a hell of a lot of tax for the "peasants/slaves" to pick up if they left.

The queen does not go on 'government business', what planet are you on? The government serve the establishment not the other way round. The queen has the power to turf Cameron out tomorrow if she wanted, she can also dissolve parliament and command the armed forces. These aren't just old ceremonial 'relics' hidden away in the constitution, they are there for a very good reason. She has all legislative, executive and judiciary powers at her discretion so she could not be 'demoted' as there is no-one with the power to change her status...and as for them leaving to go and live in Monaco.....

I can't believe Blaire the big cunny took her boat. Poor Queeny.

I'd prob hang out with Beatrix and Eugenie as well if they promised to wear their hats.

The queen does not go on 'government business', what planet are you on?

When the queen and family go on trips around the world, the represent britain and the people's interest. That is effectively government work. And the good thing about it is that it does not give the political bias that sending a party member would have. The Royals are respected all around the world and most countries feel the uk is lucky to have the monarchy rather than poorly represented republics like the USA.

When the queen and family go on trips around the world, the represent britain and the people's interest. That is effectively government work. And the good thing about it is that it does not give the political bias that sending a party member would have. The Royals are respected all around the world and most countries feel the uk is lucky to have the monarchy rather than poorly represented republics like the USA.

They don't represent the people's interest at all. They represent money, they represent corporations, they represent big business. Granted some might say that that IS the function of the government, to maintain our tax farm and to keep it's slaves happy and working to pay off our national debt, but they don't represent you or me. We need to get out of this mindset that we are lucky to have a family of parasites that govern us, that refer to us as their 'subjects' and that are relics of a bygone era of overt monarchy rule.

They don't represent the people's interest at all. They represent money, they represent corporations, they represent big business. Granted some might say that that IS the function of the government, to maintain our tax farm and to keep it's slaves happy and working to pay off our national debt, but they don't represent you or me. We need to get out of this mindset that we are lucky to have a family of parasites that govern us, that refer to us as their 'subjects' and that are relics of a bygone era of overt monarchy rule.

So who does represent "you" and "me" and who are the "parasites that govern us"?

So who does represent "you" and "me" and who are the "parasites that govern us"?

Ooooh, LXXX, you're such a big bad scary anarchist!! Lol.

Ooooh, LXXX, you're such a big bad scary anarchist!! Lol.

I am aren't I? Grrr...

Archived