Port Security

Passing Time

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seizure of Assests ...

If they are nicked here - do we get the value of the assets - houses, cars, cash in bank accounts etc if they are UK based scum?

If so you maybe wouldn't want them getting nicked before they got on the boat to come here!

It's all a bit unnecessary, as is the gushing congratulating of the police. The prison is full of drugs people, its costing the Isle of Man a fortune, I think we should complain to the UK police, clearly they are not doing a good enough job, if there are so many drugs in England that they have to send the spare rubbish ones to the Isle of Man (coz that is what they do you know, send all the rubbish plastic infused hash here pfft!) then it is time the UK police sorted it out, they should cover their ports better :)

If indeed you ever needed proof that port security is a joke, the latest drugs catch should prove it beyond doubt. £123,000 worth of cannabis in a car at the bus station. How the hell did it even get on the bloody boat?? I sincerely hope that the entire security staff were dismissed instantly

Good job that the importers were as dumb as f**k after the harbour police dropped the ball. Who parks up in the bus station to off load £100k of weed in full view of that lovely new police station that overlooks the whole bus station site? Dumb sh*ts. They deserve all they get. Why didn't they just drive up to Nobles Park and do it in full view of police HQ under a flood light?

To hell with the drugs - bloody port security at Liverpool took my bottle of wine out of my hand luggage and told me it had to go into my checked in bag. Why? If I'd come by car I could have brought a load of booze onto the boat. They didn't stop people bringing flasks of tea and packs of sandwiches on in their hand luggage. Why should I have to drink the Steampacket's overpriced crappy wine??

It's in the Racket's T&C's...

14. Security And Prohibited Articles

Under international security legislation, passengers, their luggage, effects and vehicles are subject to searches for and seizure of prohibited articles (a full copy is available on request), illegal substances or alcohol. Passengers refusing to be searched will not be permitted to travel. It is not permitted to travel with firearms, regulated weapons, sporting weapons or ammunition without our prior written permission. These items must be declared to the Company at least 24 hours prior to the intended travel date and again at the check-in booth / desk on arrival at the port. Compliance with all applicable regulations, and any appropriate or relevant licences, need to be adhered to by the person responsible for the vehicle containing the items. It is not permitted to travel with Dangerous Goods (which include explosives, gases, including compressed air in diving bottles, flammable liquids or solids or corrosive or toxic goods, etc) without our prior written permission which must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to travel. For further information regarding security, prohibited articles firearms or dangerous goods please contact 01624 661661.

Perhaps they thought that once you had drunk the whole bottle on your own you were likely to break the bottle over someone's head.

Did I say I was on my own? wink.png They sell those little bottles of wine on board - and those bottles are made of glass. Always seemed a bit daft to me to hand over a glass bottle together with a plastic "glass" to drink from as I've always assumed, like you say, that the idea of not having proper glasses is to avoid people using them as weapons.

If indeed you ever needed proof that port security is a joke, the latest drugs catch should prove it beyond doubt. £123,000 worth of cannabis in a car at the bus station. How the hell did it even get on the bloody boat?? I sincerely hope that the entire security staff were dismissed instantly

It could be suggested that you are perhaps a little bit of a dick head.

Always seemed a bit daft to me to hand over a glass bottle together with a plastic "glass" to drink from as I've always assumed, like you say, that the idea of not having proper glasses is to avoid people using them as weapons.

The bar on the ship can roll from side to side before you've even started drinking! Just imagine a few dropped/smashed pint glasses on a packed rough trip - and kids falling on broken glass etc.

Archived