Isle Of Man Where You Can......

Theodolite

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......never say anything positive about anything.

We discussed in our office today and actually think this is a good website and good slogan. I know that won't stop all you moaners but hey ho what else is the forum for?

We discussed in our office today and actually think this is a good website and good slogan. I know that won't stop all you moaners but hey ho what else is the forum for?

Only 13 posts - obviously a government sock puppet :-) its a grim idea delivered not very .

Feeble

The Isle of Man where you can..........appreciate geography.

No really, it's a top spot. The Education Dept really should start selling this.

Oh and dogging, even though we've been doing it long before dogging was invented!

I notice "Head of marketing Heather Smallwood" is listed as an independent consultant on her linkedin page...

It wouldn't surprise me - no money for kids schooling or anything else but they can find money to piss away on rubbish with external consultants. This government is totally detached from any link to reality.

Heather Smallwood is Head of Marketing at DED, not an independent.

http://www.gov.im/ded/ViewNews.gov?page=lib/news/ded/departmentofecon3.xml&menuid=11570

I was just on Linkedin and notice that the government employee who is on that website as the key contact for all individual and corporate inward investment says on his Linkedin profile that he is on a temporary contract with Isle of Man Government. Perhaps that is not the right message to send out if you haven't allocated a permanent staff member to helping HNWs relocate? The website even links straight through to his linkedin profile. It looks a bit clumsy when people might be looking to build long term relationships and getting continuity after they arrive here.

Hopefully they'll decide not to come then. We've got more than enough of those freeloading self important wankers here as it is.

I was just on Linkedin and notice that the government employee who is on that website as the key contact for all individual and corporate inward investment says on his Linkedin profile that he is on a temporary contract with Isle of Man Government. Perhaps that is not the right message to send out if you haven't allocated a permanent staff member to helping HNWs relocate? The website even links straight through to his linkedin profile. It looks a bit clumsy when people might be looking to build long term relationships and getting continuity after they arrive here.

Hopefully they'll decide not to come then. We've got more than enough of those freeloading self important wankers here as it is.

I'd suggest that we need more coming as there's not much activity anywhere else. Why do you particularly object to creative / informed / solvent people moving to the Island?

Because they wouldn't be here if they were taxed correctly.

Have you seen the fancy new info packs? more money well spent......NOT! Apparently the Isle of Man "enjoys excellent transport links" - tell that to me again when I haven't just been to meet passengers from a Gatwick flight that was due in at 5.05 but my passengers had been moved onto a later plane which....is delayed until 10. We also have "strong business, cultural and historical ties with the UK" - ofc, that's why they've just had us over for VAT. Yeah, great government we've got, innit?

I'd suggest that we need more coming as there's not much activity anywhere else. Why do you particularly object to creative / informed / solvent people moving to the Island?

Because they wouldn't be here if they were taxed correctly.

Some might be: I think that is too big a generalization. Even if its true they bring benefits whilst they are here and many of the tax cappers have lived here for donkey's years and employed a wide variety of people: Ronaldsway Aircraft, Strix, Peel Holdings, Pokerstars etc.

Well remove the tax cap & we'll soon find out. You'd also find out that the companies you mention would still be here.

I notice "Head of marketing Heather Smallwood" is listed as an independent consultant on her linkedin page...

It wouldn't surprise me - no money for kids schooling or anything else but they can find money to piss away on rubbish with external consultants. This government is totally detached from any link to reality.

Heather Smallwood is Head of Marketing at DED, not an independent.

http://www.gov.im/de...ml&menuid=11570

Profile must be out date.... bit like the chap who was head of eGaming

Archived