Mountain Watch

Mission

• 2 weeks later...

I see an Audi R8 crashed at the newly 'reprofiled' Keppel Gate today. It's on Manx.net's Facebook page.

Good. I hope they got dazzled by someone elses lights and couldn't see. Those cars have really fucking stupid really bright white horrible headlights.

I see an Audi R8 crashed at the newly 'reprofiled' Keppel Gate today. It's on Manx.net's Facebook page.

There was a dark blue one up there on Saturday going back and forth on that section of road, driving "hard".

Thought it was a bit daft as there was a Police vehicle parked at Kepple Gate.

I'm not surprised. They have removed a non-slip 'Shellgrip' type of surface and replaced it with a smooth one. I wonder why as the corner isn't, or wasn't, a particular accident black spot.

I'm not surprised. They have removed a non-slip 'Shellgrip' type of surface and replaced it with a smooth one. I wonder why as the corner isn't, or wasn't, a particular accident black spot.

Its not even that smooth, quite a ridge getting onto the new tarmac compared to the old surface, perhaps they just laid the tarmac on top of the old shellgrip?

I'm sure there'll be an emergency shell gripping closure of the corner before TT.

Yup. Got to get the 133mph lap somehow!

My money's on Phil Gawne escaping the Peel residents driven mad by heavy metal poisoning.