Ramsey Christmas Tree 2012

Thunderstruck

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you have 12 months to actually try and influence their decision for next year.

Step up this time or shut up - let's see what you can come up with by this time next year eh. smile.png

Ha ha things come in threes mate, so it looks like the same again next year xmas.gif If that stupid advertising banner was taken down it would look a lot more sympathetic with the surrounding area with a Christmas scene feel instead of an advertisement campaign! We are all rate payers and don't feel the need to advertise our names on the town hall w00t.gif

Well, you have 12 months to actually try and influence their decision for next year.

Step up this time or shut up - let's see what you can come up with by this time next year eh. smile.png

Ha ha things come in threes mate, so it looks like the same again next year xmas.gif If that stupid advertising banner was taken down it would look a lot more sympathetic with the surrounding area with a Christmas scene feel instead of an advertisement campaign! We are all rate payers and don't feel the need to advertise our names on the town hall w00t.gif

so you are the new rate payers spokesperson now and who is advertising on the town hall !

so you are the new rate payers spokesperson now and who is advertising on the town hall !

No, I am not any type of spokesperson - never was and never will, as for advertising on the Town hall I didn't say anyone was!

You must have been pissed and misinterpreted what I meant!

Let's not get out of hand parcedpeas - Ramsey did ok with it's big Christmas tree over the years before it was turned into a private advertisement campaign.

And I agree it does look very nice, it was just mentioned by numerous people in the town about how small they are and what a shame the advert banners have made them look like.

as for sniping on a web forum anonymously - that is or was never my intention.

only constructive criticism

It could be even more constructive if you called them on 681100 and requested that they kindly remove their ghastly banner? It's such a cheap and grasping gesture to spoil a Christmas tree. I'm sure that the small children loved having that in their eye-line when trying to see the tree. Take the damned banner down for goodness sake.

Well done Ramsey though.

Day 3 of the advent calendar.

10 am 15/11/2013 Ramsey street lights still left on

Library running at over £100,000 - £120,000 loss each year I was told by a man in the pub

the lights are left on during the day to check and replace bulbs,if they did it at nights the costs would be high with overtime and more people to do the job, and it is the MEA that do it not ramsey commissioners wink.png

It could be even more constructive if you called them on 681100 and requested that they kindly remove their ghastly banner?

It's such a cheap and grasping gesture to spoil a Christmas tree.

I'm sure that the small children loved having that in their eye-line when trying to see the tree.

Take the damned banner down for goodness sake.

I was nosy as to who the banner waver is so I googled their phone number.

Their homepage opens with the following:

Help us to help you

As a company we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. However we recognise that sometimes things can go wrong. When they do, we want to know so we can help resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

The following information explains how you can help us to deal with your complaint as efficiently as possible, and tells you what you can do if you think the problem has not been resolved to your satisfaction........

Looks like all you will have to do is tell them to rip it down

I was nosy as to who the banner waver is so I googled their phone number.

Or you could have wandered up Parliament street and popped in to say hello. Most pleasant team you'll ever meet.

• 3 weeks later...

Acid Rain and Man Made Global Warming are likely to be the ultimate culprits with those type of Christmas trees.

Even my white artificial tree this year looks less impressive and far less full than it was in previous years, must be the VOCs in my loft coming off the insulation................

Archived