Ramsey Christmas Tree 2012

Thunderstruck

Has the tree outside the post office / old police station gone out to tender? because it's CRAP!

I know we are in a man made recession but them organism's sitting around the town hall board table need to take out an extra "tenner" from the Ramsey rejuvenation fund and buy a bigger tree - or has all that been spent on the bird shit lanes and block pave road/parking bay?

Does the rejuvenation work go out to tender? or is it cash for the boys?

Time for the people to have a re-think, our MHK's are that crap I forgot singer was one of ours whatever.gif and bell has done fuck all too w00t.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 trees in town - one at the Courthouse and one at Parliament Square and yes, they are noticeably smaller this year.

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have bigger trees and a smaller fireworks display on November 5th. I mean, that's what, 15-30 minutes or so of aerial explosions whereas the trees are up (and lit up) for weeks.

The worst part of it is there is a big thing being made of it this year, with decorated stars being put on the tree and prizes awarded for the best 3 but looking at the tree, it won't actually hold that many given its tiny size.

Just seeing the tree being erected was a big event in years gone by, parking spaces blocked off and a large vehicle transporting it down the street etc.

Nice to see you Ramseyites are all on board with the financial crisis

200 million per annum down on govt revenue, Treasury propping it up with dwindling reserves and lots of people with no jobs once the music stops in the game of financial musical chairs

But your tree is too small

A Ramsey commissioner tells me that you can't get the fairies these days, as they won't work above a certain height on what is a temporary erection. They could have had the bigger tree again, but without the fairy. You takes your choice...

Larger erection or faries. I know which one I'd choose.

Has the tree outside the post office / old police station gone out to tender? because it's CRAP!

I know we are in a man made recession but them organism's sitting around the town hall board table need to take out an extra "tenner" from the Ramsey rejuvenation fund and buy a bigger tree - or has all that been spent on the bird shit lanes and block pave road/parking bay?

Does the rejuvenation work go out to tender? or is it cash for the boys?

Time for the people to have a re-think, our MHK's are that crap I forgot singer was one of ours whatever.gif and bell has done fuck all too w00t.gif

Do Ramsey still have carols around the courthouse christmas tree? if so the carollers will be getting run over because they will have to stand on the road, what a stupid place to site it.

Do our local authorities not have any brains or common sense

A Ramsey commissioner tells me that you can't get the fairies these days, as they won't work above a certain height on what is a temporary erection. They could have had the bigger tree again, but without the fairy. You takes your choice...

Larger erection or faries. I know which one I'd choose.

Dont keep us in suspense Merkin!

Which one would it be?............. tongue.png

It takes all sorts you know.

Reliably informed that the size of the tree (or the lack of it) is down to Elf and Safety again, which is the reason that the DAFF stopped putting it up in the first place, leaving it to the Commissioners.

Apparently to put up anything larger would have required the raising of a lot more paperwork, risk assessments etc and they couldn't be arsed.......

Archived