Ramsey Christmas Tree 2012

Thunderstruck

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.

Charles Dickens

• 11 months later...

If people want a big Christmas tree, then they should have to pay for it unless it can be had for free.

Ramsey Com could always start a collection and the more money that's put into the collection, the bigger the tree.

Example picture tree.gif

If people want a big Christmas tree, then they should have to pay for it unless it can be had for free.

Ramsey Com could always start a collection and the more money that's put into the collection, the bigger the tree.

Example picture tree.gif

"Unless it can be had for free"

A few years ago in Ballaugh after a few beers I would imagine, a couple of the regulars of the local public house (which happened to be the traditional site of the village tree), decided to get a big Christmas tree for that year, not being happy with the small one the year before.

It was felled under the cover of darkness and dragged down the glen behind a 4WD vehicle, it was then erected and looked good from the road, it was just the back of it that looked poor, as those branches had been worn off on the way down the glen.

Maybe Ramsey needs to think along the same lines? There are plenty of rednecks in town too...................................

COST MY ARSE, they have paved Ramsey with streets of gold haven't they, that tree should be as high as the lamp post like years gone by - not a living room / front garden size one.

and judging by the mismanagement of the rate payers money by having the street lights left on during the day we could also flood light it at night.

When you look out the rear windows of the town hall straight into the old mart buildings and wilfs scrap yard and the condition that area is in, it just goes to show how bad the management is around the town when it is staring them straight in the face - not to mention when the commissioners go to their works yard and see we have another derelict site right next door to that opposite the fire station.

SORT THEM OUT RAMSEY TOWN COMMISSIONERS - OPEN YOUR EYES & DO YOUR JOBS.

Example picture tree.gif

"Unless it can be had for free"

A few years ago in Ballaugh after a few beers I would imagine, a couple of the regulars of the local public house (which happened to be the traditional site of the village tree), decided to get a big Christmas tree for that year, not being happy with the small one the year before.

It was felled under the cover of darkness and dragged down the glen behind a 4WD vehicle, it was then erected and looked good from the road, it was just the back of it that looked poor, as those branches had been worn off on the way down the glen.

Maybe Ramsey needs to think along the same lines? There are plenty of rednecks in town too...................................

LOL BR, had a chuckle with your comments and still smiling.

Archived