Ramsey Christmas Tree 2012

Thunderstruck

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, it doesn't half seem like there's some party poopers in town, but hey, this is Manxforums and if you can't have a whinge on here, then you can't anywhere else.

So what's learnt by all this?

Buy a bigger tree, even if it's for those who think bigger is better regardless of the cost, or have no idea what Christmas is supposed to be about.

Pick a Saturday as a weekday appears to cause problems.

Have traffic control so that the flow of traffic doesn't cause problems to pedestrians or other vehicle users.

Hopefully, the organisation of the event will learn from this next year, but I don't want to knock them, as it seems there's been a load of volunteers involved which have put on the event with the best of intentions and things became bigger than they expected.

I suppose the alternative is to put nothing on at all which will save traffic problems, have the same whinging, but will cost nothing at all. That said, who cares as it's only Ramsey and all the money goes towards Douglas these days.

Why do people think it is too early to put up public Christmas trees ? Unbelievable.... it is 5 weeks until christmas........The decorations & trees have been on display for a few weeks now in some towns [smaller & larger than Ramsey ] in England so why shouldn't we?? The traders need something to encourage the Christmas shoppers and I see Douglas is switching on this week so..... what's a week difference? You people moan for moaning sake. Lets be glad something happened in Ramsey. The Pudsey tying in with the Switch On was a great idea as it was Children in Need that day anyway. I believe the little ones in Auldyn and Schoill ree Gorre were thrilled to have Pudsey attend their assembly and classrooms and it certainly brought the whole community together for the day as well as raising a lot of money for Children in Need.

Maybe if you think you can do better then there is always next year ??

ffs get a life, christmas is what you make of it, and to be honest I've always felt it was more for the kids that the whinging g*ts on the forums. from what I can see the kids loved the event of Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it, success.....whatever shortcomings have been identified will no doubt be addressed for the future.

it it helps divert attention Shoprite is selling cream eggs already......

They sell cream eggs year round.

They also sell brown eggs and white eggs in box's of six !

And they sell rotten fruit & veg, even with maggots crawling out of the chesnuts and a half smoked fag in the dates this week! looks likes it will be marks & spencer from now....

It would be down to the suppliers, shoprite just sell the stuff. If you pointed it out to them they would remove the stock and get a credit.

Archived