Ramsey Christmas Tree 2012

Thunderstruck

It's not as easy as you seem to think being in public office and every knockback can harm ones confidence and make you wonder if it is worth it. Try it yourself, you never know you might even enjoy it.

Give it a go in Ramsey you mean? I have actully thought about it, but have struggled for years to find any books on Oompa Loompa so I can learn the language first.

Sorry Ramsey, I know I got it wrong, suggesting an annual wash was totally unfair, particularly when I should have realised wash day always falls on 29th Feb.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a go anywhere rather than flapping your syphilic gums and trying to be humourous whilst denegrading another towns residents for your own satisfaction. I'm sure you chuckle to yourself whilst writing and sometimes (rarely) make a half decent joke. Unfortunately these jokes are usually at someone elses expense and could be very demoralising. I realise that is the object of your desires as you tend towards abusive behaviour which is evidenced by your use of language and innuendo. I am sure all your relatives enjoy your company immensely, exactly how often do they visit?

Just to correct a couple of points - it was NOT organised by the Commisioners but the Ramsey Chamber of Trade & Ramsey Rotary . Pudsey was there because they were raising funds for Children in Need. They had given the primary school kids a xmas bauble to decorate and enter a competition for £1 donation to CIN. Santa and Pudsey were putting these on the tree in the Town Hall. Yes there was a lot of people there. Yes it was totally under estimated. Yes it was switched at the last minute from an area that was far more suitable for purpose than Parliament Square. However, a responsible parent ensures their own kids safety. No one was hurt. The road closed itself as people didnt even turn down the street when they saw the people there. For the record. The guest appearance of Pudsey was THE main reason so many kids went to see the switch on. God forbid someone organises something for the community that was a victim of its own success.

Either you were not there or you are telling a damn lie. "The road closed itself as people didnt even turn down the street when they saw the people there" Firstly cars DID turn into parliament street, the narrow point by the crossing was the worst, are you completley stupid to make a comment like that. Cars even had to reverse back out of parliament street because of the bottle neck created. And it WAS absolutely the responsibility of the organisors to ensure safety and adequate crowd and traffic control. there is not a single excuse or reason to justify the complete shambles and total lack of organisation.

I sincerely hope you are not either an organisor or associated with them if you think it is acceptable for a road to 'close itself', which it DID NOT! and if you continue to press this point i know of at least 5 other familes who have photographs of the cars trying to get through.

If the commissioners were not the organisers, then they are totally irresponsible for allowing a bunch of unorganised 'business owners' to use their premises.

Nothing to do with the organisers. Don't think it is acceptable for a road to "close itself" but fact is it happened and the majority of cars avoided the area totally. Not saying that it is right to put motorists in that position but for 20 mins Ramsey had a bit of a crowd problem and the whole world comes crashing down. The kids with me were held very tightly and were not allowed to roam. We were not stood on a road but on a walkway. Parents made their own choice to stand on a road. No one forced them and certainly no one advocated the roamfree attitude that some empowered their toddlers with. The situation was far from ideal but ffs a bit of perspective on the situation. My children were my responsibility. No one elses. I believe they are talking about a Road Closure Order for next year so lessons have been learned. They are not ignoring the fact there was a problem. Just dont feel a need to totally berate them for putting something on which attracted by their own admission more that the usual 30 strong crowd.

Ok , so you say you are nothing to do with the organisers, DO NOT BELIEVE YOU, you seem to be aware of ‘beliefs’ very soon after the event, which would suggest you are in an inner circle of communication with the organisers, especially given how quick you could state these beliefs! And regardless of what you say, the ROAD DID NOT CLOSE ITSELF, that is actually a physical impossibility, to close a road you need human intervention (which there was none), but I digress. Also the organisers WERE absolutely aware of the potential turn out, a letter was sent home with the pupils of both primary schools, every day for a week! The children with me were also held close BECAUSE OF THE DANGERS ON THE CONGESTIOED ROAD, I agree parents made their own choices, but I’m damn sure they did not expect to be put in danger, which WAS the case. I don’t think there ever was a roam-free attitude; there was simply no choice but to use and stand on every square inch available. As for your ‘argument’ and I quote “ffs a bit of perspective on the situation”, you did not actually quantify that with an explanation of your point, so we can disregard that. Also looking at your contribution history on these forums, evidence would suggest you are of the same age, if not the same social circles as the ‘organisers’ Steven Bevan and Chris Blatcher, who were seen and documented as being the organisers of the event that night. Now Mr Bevan is an elected Ramsey Town Commissioner and also, I will be corrected if I am wrong, the secretary of the Ramsey Chamber of Trade (without actually having a publicly accessible business in Ramsey) so bearing in mind the Ramsey Town Hall was freely used as a focal point, my question is who exactly were the ‘organisers’ of such a shambles? You also say there is not a need to berate them on here for putting on an event. I disagree, there absolutely is, as the visible representatives of this failure of a public event, either Mr Bevan or Mr Blatcher need to be held accountable for the actions of whichever organisation they were representing.

The RCT and also RTC and Rotary Club have completely failed in their civic duties with regard to Christmas events (and safety of events) in Ramsey, it is also worth noting that the only advertising banner to appear on the balcony of Ramsey Town Hall is, Britannia International, also the sponsors of the tree!!!! do they really want to be associated with such a failure?, I would suggest that you communicate a ‘belief’ that the people of Ramsey feel let down by the organisation of Christmas events this year and it really does not instil confidence in other things they do. If the elected representatives of Ramsey and also the business owners truly listened to what the people of Ramsey expected and wished for, there really would not be as many pointless vanity projects.

This is beginning to sound more and more like a personal attack on Mr Bevan & Mr Blatcher.

If you're so upset and disappointed by these events, will you be first in the queue to help organise future events in the town? Who knows you might even do a better job! Are you up for the challenge?

Give it a go anywhere rather than flapping your syphilic gums and trying to be humourous whilst denegrading another towns residents for your own satisfaction. I'm sure you chuckle to yourself whilst writing and sometimes (rarely) make a half decent joke. Unfortunately these jokes are usually at someone elses expense and could be very demoralising. I realise that is the object of your desires as you tend towards abusive behaviour which is evidenced by your use of language and innuendo. I am sure all your relatives enjoy your company immensely, exactly how often do they visit?

Blimey. Let's hope you don't go for office. What else would you ban after banning sense of humour, laughter and smiling? Are mother-in-law jokes still ok?

Learn to not take everything so seriously, it helps lead to a stress free life.

I have some good mates in Ramsey. One of them told me a Ramsey joke years ago: 'Half the women in Ramsey have VD and the other half have TB, so in Ramsey we just sleep with the women that cough'.

Shall I have him killed?

Just to correct a couple of points - it was NOT organised by the Commisioners but the Ramsey Chamber of Trade & Ramsey Rotary . Pudsey was there because they were raising funds for Children in Need. They had given the primary school kids a xmas bauble to decorate and enter a competition for £1 donation to CIN. Santa and Pudsey were putting these on the tree in the Town Hall. Yes there was a lot of people there. Yes it was totally under estimated. Yes it was switched at the last minute from an area that was far more suitable for purpose than Parliament Square. However, a responsible parent ensures their own kids safety. No one was hurt. The road closed itself as people didnt even turn down the street when they saw the people there. For the record. The guest appearance of Pudsey was THE main reason so many kids went to see the switch on. God forbid someone organises something for the community that was a victim of its own success.

Either you were not there or you are telling a damn lie. "The road closed itself as people didnt even turn down the street when they saw the people there" Firstly cars DID turn into parliament street, the narrow point by the crossing was the worst, are you completley stupid to make a comment like that. Cars even had to reverse back out of parliament street because of the bottle neck created. And it WAS absolutely the responsibility of the organisors to ensure safety and adequate crowd and traffic control. there is not a single excuse or reason to justify the complete shambles and total lack of organisation.

I sincerely hope you are not either an organisor or associated with them if you think it is acceptable for a road to 'close itself', which it DID NOT! and if you continue to press this point i know of at least 5 other familes who have photographs of the cars trying to get through.

If the commissioners were not the organisers, then they are totally irresponsible for allowing a bunch of unorganised 'business owners' to use their premises.

Nothing to do with the organisers. Don't think it is acceptable for a road to "close itself" but fact is it happened and the majority of cars avoided the area totally. Not saying that it is right to put motorists in that position but for 20 mins Ramsey had a bit of a crowd problem and the whole world comes crashing down. The kids with me were held very tightly and were not allowed to roam. We were not stood on a road but on a walkway. Parents made their own choice to stand on a road. No one forced them and certainly no one advocated the roamfree attitude that some empowered their toddlers with. The situation was far from ideal but ffs a bit of perspective on the situation. My children were my responsibility. No one elses. I believe they are talking about a Road Closure Order for next year so lessons have been learned. They are not ignoring the fact there was a problem. Just dont feel a need to totally berate them for putting something on which attracted by their own admission more that the usual 30 strong crowd.

Ok , so you say you are nothing to do with the organisers, DO NOT BELIEVE YOU, you seem to be aware of ‘beliefs’ very soon after the event, which would suggest you are in an inner circle of communication with the organisers, especially given how quick you could state these beliefs! And regardless of what you say, the ROAD DID NOT CLOSE ITSELF, that is actually a physical impossibility, to close a road you need human intervention (which there was none), but I digress. Also the organisers WERE absolutely aware of the potential turn out, a letter was sent home with the pupils of both primary schools, every day for a week! The children with me were also held close BECAUSE OF THE DANGERS ON THE CONGESTIOED ROAD, I agree parents made their own choices, but I’m damn sure they did not expect to be put in danger, which WAS the case. I don’t think there ever was a roam-free attitude; there was simply no choice but to use and stand on every square inch available. As for your ‘argument’ and I quote “ffs a bit of perspective on the situation”, you did not actually quantify that with an explanation of your point, so we can disregard that. Also looking at your contribution history on these forums, evidence would suggest you are of the same age, if not the same social circles as the ‘organisers’ Steven Bevan and Chris Blatcher, who were seen and documented as being the organisers of the event that night. Now Mr Bevan is an elected Ramsey Town Commissioner and also, I will be corrected if I am wrong, the secretary of the Ramsey Chamber of Trade (without actually having a publicly accessible business in Ramsey) so bearing in mind the Ramsey Town Hall was freely used as a focal point, my question is who exactly were the ‘organisers’ of such a shambles? You also say there is not a need to berate them on here for putting on an event. I disagree, there absolutely is, as the visible representatives of this failure of a public event, either Mr Bevan or Mr Blatcher need to be held accountable for the actions of whichever organisation they were representing.

The RCT and also RTC and Rotary Club have completely failed in their civic duties with regard to Christmas events (and safety of events) in Ramsey, it is also worth noting that the only advertising banner to appear on the balcony of Ramsey Town Hall is, Britannia International, also the sponsors of the tree!!!! do they really want to be associated with such a failure?, I would suggest that you communicate a ‘belief’ that the people of Ramsey feel let down by the organisation of Christmas events this year and it really does not instil confidence in other things they do. If the elected representatives of Ramsey and also the business owners truly listened to what the people of Ramsey expected and wished for, there really would not be as many pointless vanity projects.

This is beginning to sound more and more like a personal attack on Mr Bevan & Mr Blatcher.

If you're so upset and disappointed by these events, will you be first in the queue to help organise future events in the town? Who knows you might even do a better job! Are you up for the challenge?

Can you give me clear examples of how this is MORE and MORE begining to sound like a personal attack. As far as i can tell there is not a single personal attack anywhere, simply proven facts and if you choose to reply, please make sure you understand the definition of 'personal'.

Can you give me clear examples of how this is MORE and MORE begining to sound like a personal attack. As far as i can tell there is not a single personal attack anywhere, simply proven facts and if you choose to reply, please make sure you understand the definition of 'personal'.

It's a shame you weren't run over for being such a miserable prick.

It was a bit of fun.

Actually having read this and the thread I have to agree with the previous posters analysis of RAMSEYROCKS as a "miseable prick". That said Ramseyrocks clearly has some firm ideas about event organisation and it has to be assumed a strong interest in community events. If the realtively small number of people who it seems are actually involved in the Christams events in Ramsey feel less inclined to support the community in future then Ramsey town will have to rely on people like Ramseyrocks to step up to the plate and actually do something.

In the circumstances perhaps Ramseyrocks would like to choose an event to organise say in the next 3-6 months, canvas support, pull together a team of volunteers to help run the event using their own personal time, actually run it, and keep everyone happy. Alternatively he/she/it should shut the f*** up.

Sorry RR the whole thing from start to finish reads like a personal attack on Bevan & Blatcher. If you didn't intend that - fair play, but that is the effect your postings have.

Look at the positives. Despite your obvious safety concerns, how many people were hurt and how many people enjoyed themselves? Why not harness your obvious energy and work with the "organisers" (as you call them) to make the next one a resounding success.

Archived