Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PWS.L

There's the pinewood share price anyway, if anyone wants to look

Thanks for that Tarne. There will only be a reward against the share price if we sell the shares at a price which represents not only an increase in value but an increase at least as good as investment as say in blue-chip stock plus the added costs of overseeing the Pinewood investment compared with a blue chip one (Tynwald questions to answer, PR support, travel, possibly audit committee review etc...)

To be honest we would not be able to sell our shares at the listed price because it is not traded in number.

The only way we can make money on the share purchase deal is if the whole company is bought out or one of the other big shareholders makes us an offer.

If we tried to sell the shares on the AIM market, even if they were double what we paid at the time, the share price would fall because of that sale.

Looking at it negatively, it seems that without the relevant information, the chances of this being a success story is not looking good, because the puzzle is missing some pieces.

Looking at it from another angle then, what info/opportunity/'something other' would be needed or known to make this a success?

To be honest we would not be able to sell our shares at the listed price because it is not traded in number.

The only way we can make money on the share purchase deal is if the whole company is bought out or one of the other big shareholders makes us an offer.

If we tried to sell the shares on the AIM market, even if they were double what we paid at the time, the share price would fall because of that sale.

Please excuse my total ignorance when it comes to financial matters but if the IOM gov sold our shares in PWS would any profits be taxable and if so in which juridiction would the tax be payable?

Profit made in UK pays tax in UK

Managing company is UK, Agents are UK, Basically wev'e given the money to the UK.

Edited by Patrick

Managing company is UK, Agents are UK, Basically wev'e given the money to the UK.

The IOM fund is a shareholder, like any other. If you think that buying shares in a UK company is giving money to the UK then I suggest you stop posting now.

The managing company are charging us to manage, The agents charge a fee, where am I wrong?

Read it properly before you come out with another smart arse comment as I didn't mention shares anywhere.

The managing company are charging us to manage, The agents charge a fee, where am I wrong?

Read it properly before you come out with another smart arse comment as I didn't mention shares anywhere.

You wrote: "Basically wev'e given the money to the UK." which is incorrect.

But surely it's about more than a simple RoI on the balance sheets? It's about a RoI via the spend it brings and jobs it creates (albeit temporary) by having production done on-Island? The plan is surely to recoup the investment (which is an investment and can be sold) via contribution to the economy of the Island than a simple black and red on a balance sheet?

There's going to have to be some spectacular spending on the island to wipe off the 17 million already written off the initial investment !!!!

i think you will find it's more like 24 million...... or should that be 29 million?

Say what now?

You wrote: "Basically wev'e given the money to the UK." which is incorrect.

He said

He's totally right the money has physically moved from the IOM to be managed in the UK by a UK tax paying entity. What part of that did you not get?

I think it's a good move. It puts our film talent on the map and gives us in roads into up and coming productions. Don't forget the share capital is still there. I don't think Whittaker would want his name associated with a bad investment, he is resident on the Island and would not want the bad PR at his age. Like any investment there is risk but I am sure that this has been calculated. I would rather reveres are invested in this than gold (as mentioned earlier). Gold must surely be nearing the top of its boom years by now and the next curve will be downwards.

Edited by spermann

I think it's a good move. It puts our film talent on the map and gives us in roads into up and coming productions. Don't forget the share capital is still there. I don't think Whittaker would want his name associated with a bad investment, he is resident on the Island and would not want the bad PR at his age. Like any investment there is risk but I am sure that this has been calculated. I would rather reveres are investigate in this than gold (as mentioned earlier). Gold must surely be nearing the top of its boom years by now and the next curve will be downwards.

But I am not sure Gold will take a dip of was it 17 million on an initial investment ?, oh and our film talent extends as far as Samantha !!

I think it's a good move. It puts our film talent on the map and gives us in roads into up and coming productions. Don't forget the share capital is still there. I don't think Whittaker would want his name associated with a bad investment, he is resident on the Island and would not want the bad PR at his age. Like any investment there is risk but I am sure that this has been calculated. I would rather reveres are investigate in this than gold (as mentioned earlier). Gold must surely be nearing the top of its boom years by now and the next curve will be downwards.

But I am not sure Gold will take a dip of was it 17 million on an initial investment ?, oh and our film talent extends as far as Samantha !!

The share capital has not been lost.