And The Runners Are.....

thebees

According to the Courier - page 7 - Cheeky Boy has decided to stand for election. Best of luck!

Congrats for keeping the anonymity thing going
He revealed his identity when he stood for the Keys.

Also my letter to the Examiner criticising Geoff Corkish over the "Ban the Forums" issue was signed off:

David Buttery

AKA: Cheeky Boy

I think most people have known my identity on here since I was inadvertently outed by a member, who will remain nameless, some years ago

Fair do's I was ignorant of that info, while your on, do you know Chris Thomas' official MHK'S email address as I can't for the life if me find it anywhere?

And the very best of luck with the council seat, I sincerely hope you get in.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Courier - page 7 - Cheeky Boy has decided to stand for election. Best of luck!

Also my letter to the Examiner criticising Geoff Corkish over the "Ban the Forums" issue was signed off:

David Buttery

I think most people have known my identity on here since I was inadvertently outed by a member, who will remain nameless, some years ago

Fair do's I was ignorant of that info, while your on, do you know Chris Thomas' official MHK'S email address as I can't for the life if me find it anywhere?

They probably won't have his details on line yet

Try him at: The Dolls House, Old Castletown Road

David Buttery

They probably won't have his details on line yet

Try him at: The Dolls House, Old Castletown Road

Thank you

I've just got in and that's the first thing I read in the Courier, I am supportive of the person 100%, he'll be brilliant for Douglas.

I really really hope Butch gets elected!

• 2 weeks later...

Another runner has entered the starting gate. Ann Corlett, daughter of the delectable Glenda (I do not like her but I've deleted my two line rant).

I've heard about these people standing but aside from a "Hi I'm Ann" card we received today, I'm yet to hear anything about any candidates policies or plans, are they really so bold as to think they'll be elected on their personality and family history? On a personal level I like Butch and Kevin, I do not know the others socially so cannot comment......although, I have heard a thing or 7 about George, I'm a bit torn on him, he seems like an alright sort of a bloke but I worry he has too many fingers in too many pies and could easily be helping his mates without necessarily meaning any harm, same goes for Ann really, she has a catering business, plenty of work to be had out of the town hall but I'll decide further down the line.

I do often wonder what other people want from Douglas council? I want assurance that hugely expensive projects will not be embarked upon willy nilly, that spending is monitored (properly) and there are less things discussed in the privacy of the exec club. I also would like the park to be better, never mind sending five 72 year olds to some kids park equipment fair, how about doing a quick reccy of the parents/kids in the park? Oh the non bouncy trampoline, total winner. I also find it a bit mental that they've installed more of that daft exercise equipment, they're dangerous, the kids take the bolts out of them and they're useless, the point of getting more of them was? Whoooosh tangent ---> over there.

The council are spoon feeding the puppet press, there are things being discussed in private that are very important to the rate payers of Douglas and by the time they see the light....too late, deal done, etc etc etc, I do go on but I will stop now. :)

And his policies are? I take it you know what he is all about and what his policies are? On a personal level Butch gets my vote but if someone else is chatting more of my shit than he has, I'll change my mind. Hmmm, I just remembered Butch & Kevin were the only candidates I saw at any of the meetings that were held in the lead up to the Douglas West election (although.. I didn't attend any other than the CT ones....oh yeah, that's right, he was the only one who called meetings....) the others may have been at the requisition meeting but it was busy....I don't think so but, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, thanks, anyway, Butch & Kevin were at every meeting and will also be involved in the residents (council watch) society. Two horse race? I do hope so.

Another runner has entered the starting gate. Ann Corlett, daughter of the delectable Glenda (I do not like her but I've deleted my two line rant).

I've heard about these people standing but aside from a "Hi I'm Ann" card we received today, I'm yet to hear anything about any candidates policies or plans, are they really so bold as to think they'll be elected on their personality and family history? On a personal level I like Butch and Kevin, I do not know the others socially so cannot comment......although, I have heard a thing or 7 about George, I'm a bit torn on him, he seems like an alright sort of a bloke but I worry he has too many fingers in too many pies and could easily be helping his mates without necessarily meaning any harm, same goes for Ann really, she has a catering business, plenty of work to be had out of the town hall but I'll decide further down the line.

I do often wonder what other people want from Douglas council? I want assurance that hugely expensive projects will not be embarked upon willy nilly, that spending is monitored (properly) and there are less things discussed in the privacy of the exec club. I also would like the park to be better, never mind sending five 72 year olds to some kids park equipment fair, how about doing a quick reccy of the parents/kids in the park? Oh the non bouncy trampoline, total winner. I also find it a bit mental that they've installed more of that daft exercise equipment, they're dangerous, the kids take the bolts out of them and they're useless, the point of getting more of them was? Whoooosh tangent ---> over there.

The council are spoon feeding the puppet press, there are things being discussed in private that are very important to the rate payers of Douglas and by the time they see the light....too late, deal done, etc etc etc, I do go on but I will stop now. :)

I'm not sure if this is PC but decorum has hardly been my forte: is it an issue if a person who is wanting to be in a position to care for others appears not to care for themselves? Surely you wouldn't go to see a Dentist who had rotten teeth, would you?

Yeah, a very important lesson, it kind of helped that Chris Thomas was 100% what the Isle of Man needs. It's boring and interesting at the same time, the hansards are not summarised anywhere and they don't half waffle a load of tripe, hmm maybe the government press person could do this and add it to their new e-news paper thingio.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the council web site Chris Thomas has left Douglas Council .......perhaps to cruise his way in to MHKdom,

Becomes an MHK does a couple of meetings then gets a 3 month holiday.

Result.

Archived