Syria - Western Powers Respond To Alleged Chemical Attack

P.K.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be waiting a while I think, it probably won't be released to the general public until years after any action.

I'm more than happy to let the elected officials see the proof and make their decisions from that.

Which goes to prove the old saying 'There's one born every minute'

Don't get me wrong, the Middle East is remarkable in many respect, such as Syria not really existing as a nation state comparable to European nations and with many different religions and ethnicities, but this idea of a peculiarity of violence in the culture is complete nonsense in my view.

People can allude to how non-Muslims were treated under Islamic rule but non-Christians were treated like shit under Christian rule too. Even merry old England had mass slaughters of Jews during the medieval period, only stopped because there was a violent mass expulsion of every Jewish man, woman and child in 1290 which lasted for 400 years. And of course there were the crusades in the middle east (which involved slaughtering Jewish villages in Europe en route!) and there was the mass killing of the Cathari.

You seem to be very pro-Jewish on a lot of your posts, almost to the point of disregarding others views on matters. Any reason for this?

Am I the only one who doesn't even remember when all of this Syria stuff began? The last time I checked, Syria was just a moderate, normal Arab state with a dictator but still a quite benevolent dictator with a quite liberal and multicultural society. If some of the rebels are truly Syrian, what exactly started the current conflict? What suddenly changed or happened? I don't remember.

A benevolent dictator? Not really. The Assad regime was pretty repressive. It's human rights record has been poor for a very long time. Although a lot better than how Iraq and Iran were, I wouldn't call it benevolent. I think you may need to look for an alternative description.

And what does truly Syrian mean? Syria is no nation, really. It never has existed as a unified nation of people since it was created and what unifying forces that did exist in the 60s and 70s largely disappeared in the last twenty years.

Don't get me wrong, the Middle East is remarkable in many respect, such as Syria not really existing as a nation state comparable to European nations and with many different religions and ethnicities, but this idea of a peculiarity of violence in the culture is complete nonsense in my view.

People can allude to how non-Muslims were treated under Islamic rule but non-Christians were treated like shit under Christian rule too. Even merry old England had mass slaughters of Jews during the medieval period, only stopped because there was a violent mass expulsion of every Jewish man, woman and child in 1290 which lasted for 400 years. And of course there were the crusades in the middle east (which involved slaughtering Jewish villages in Europe en route!) and there was the mass killing of the Cathari.

You seem to be very pro-Jewish on a lot of your posts, almost to the point of disregarding others views on matters. Any reason for this?

You seem to regard people referencing and objecting to the slaughter of jewish people as being "pro jewish", Any reason for this?

You seem to regard people referencing and objecting to the slaughter of jewish people as being "pro jewish", Any reason for this?

You're clearly a fuckwit. Any reason for this?

You're clearly a fuckwit. Any reason for this?

So, you regard anyone taking a stance against anti-semitism, including the attempted extermination of the Jewish race, as "pro Jewish" and a "fuckwit". You have answered my question you piece of filth.

http://blogs.christianpost.com/in-our-time/bad-news-for-america-religion-enflames-the-syrian-civil-war-17796/

This article puts a perspective on this war and alludes to the conflicts within Islam which fuel the historical power-struggles that have dogged Islam and muslims for centuries. Interesting, the history of the Alawites, the ruling-elite from which Assad and his deadly daddy emerged. The references to the average American's perception of war is also worth considering.

So, you regard anyone taking a stance against anti-semitism, including the attempted extermination of the Jewish race, as "pro Jewish" and a "fuckwit". You have answered my question you piece of filth.

Your inability to grasp the conversation clearly makes you a fuckwit. You've answered my point. Thank you.

Archived