Gravity

Shill

Watched Gravity last night at the cinema. The visual effects are stunning in 3D, without doubt the best use of 3D technology (non-animated) I have seen.

Good flick as well, well worth a watch.

• 1 month later...

I found the ending rather interesting as I personally found it open to interpretation.

Is it possible to expand on this (without creating a spolier storm)?

I am not sure how easy that would be, however, I know what Mojomonkey is saying. It is rather an open ending. I thought of Inception.

I found the ending rather interesting as I personally found it open to interpretation.

Is it possible to expand on this (without creating a spolier storm)?

I am not sure how easy that would be, however, I know what Mojomonkey is saying. It is rather an open ending. I thought of Inception.

Thanks, I understand now. Didn't get that myself.

I was thinking that she probably landed in the middle of nowhere in Outer Mongolia, it would be a few days before she was picked up and she didn't even have a a NAZ kit.

Thanks, I understand now. Didn't get that myself.

I think that's why it's quite clever. It's a bit 'life of pi' esque. Some people watch it and see one film, others have a completely different experience based on their interpretation of the 'key scene'. I like that.

In the case of Gravity, I thought the movie very much had a change of direction following that scene with george and how you interpret that is probably up to you. Ace that they give you the chance but if you don't bother it's still just a very pretty action flick.

Watched it through my fingers the whole time, utterly gripping, scientifically bollocks but ace enough that I didn't care.

Gunna watch Enders Game tonight I think. Loved the book, going to hate the film aren't I?

The woman is 49 FFS just when will an actresses be able to be recognized for her acting talents and not just her "norks".

I can't say I've ever noticed her norks. I liked her in Demolition Man and The Net though - I think she'd bug the shit out of me in Gravity however.

I think that's why it's quite clever. It's a bit 'life of pi' esque. Some people watch it and see one film, others have a completely different experience based on their interpretation of the 'key scene'. I like that.

In the case of Gravity, I thought the movie very much had a change of direction following that scene with george and how you interpret that is probably up to you. Ace that they give you the chance but if you don't bother it's still just a very pretty action flick.

Watched it through my fingers the whole time, utterly gripping, scientifically bollocks but ace enough that I didn't care.

Gunna watch Enders Game tonight I think. Loved the book, going to hate the film aren't I?

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that maybe

the dream didn't end

I think a bifurcation like that would be at odds with it being solidly in the B-Movie genre.

The director has said that it was a difficult scene, as it needed to

convince us that Stone had a recaptured her will to live

Maybe it wasn't as successful as the director hoped.

Seemingly, the latter half of the movie is full of rebirth metaphors, as opposed to the crash-bang-wallop of the first half. Tis might have left the impression that there was something funny going on?

Re Ender. Having read the book many times over many years, I'm scared to watch it. Imagination can be so much better than film. And it's going to leave out a lot of the stuff about characters' and society's motivations.

Archived