Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, time to get something underway for this and I thought I would start out with a poll to gauge interest in the idea and to get a rough idea of numbers for the venue we choose.

The forum will reach the rather impressive milestone of its 10th anniversary on March 24th 2014 and I bet when Unisol and Tearz set it up all those years ago they never imagined it would get this far but it has and so I (and others) feel that it is only right that we celebrate it with a party.

The previous events were a success in the format we chose for them but it did put some people off from attending so for this one we'll be moving away from a full on DJ experience and going for something a bit more chilled out - not 100% sure what yet as myself and thebees (and maybe Roxanne if we can coax her into it tongue.png ) will be speaking to various people / venues over the coming weeks.

For now, all I can say for definite is that it will be in Douglas, most likely a bar of some description (certainly licenced as that makes the night go a lot easier smile.png ) and it will be on Saturday 22nd March 2014 so mark the date if you would like to attend.

Further details to follow as and when (I'll start a thread in the new year).

UPDATE 11/02/14: - details of the night...

Date - Saturday 22nd March 2014

Venue - The Railway, Banks Circus, Douglas

Time - 8pm - late

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a newbie, but I would like to come, and will have more of an idea about whether I can make it about a month before. How late can one get a ticket to attend?

@Wrighty - not all of us are anons, but I expect to see a lot of Guy Fawkes masks even if the event isn't in fancy dress :P

So how do these things work? Is it a great 'coming out' party where people wear badges with their forum ID on it, or do people still try and maintain some anonymity?

If I'm around that weekend, which I probably will be, I'll come along.

I'd imagine balaclavas would be a necessity, with darth vaderesque voice changers being optional though recommended.

The way it generally works is those that wish to remain anonymous make their excuses not to attend. :)

It's a very friendly affair as a rule and probably 99% of the people you'll meet there will be very pleasant indeed.

No need for tickets etc, just turn up on the night.

@Butters - do you mean you want to attend, or are you offering to play some music?

Archived