Pink Book 2014 - 2015 facts and figures or smoke and mirrors?

Manx1Bloke

http://www.gov.im/media/1031671/pink_book_2014-15.pdf

full of "gems"

like DoI is to spend £1.4m for a new canopy at Douglas Railway station...pg67

what catches your eye?

Lady came on MR to make the very good point that although her pension had risen by a higher percentage than the salaries of those in work (the justification for cutting the aged tax allowance and Christmas bonus by more than half), it was a higher percentage of not very much and the cost of food and fuel had risen by more. She was summarily dismissed by Mr Teare in much the same was as he dismissed Kate Beecroft on the same point. This by a government that sees fit to pay a lump sum of over half a million pounds to a retiree. Something badly wrong IMO.

Lady came on MR to make the very good point that although her pension had risen by a higher percentage than the salaries of those in work (the justification for cutting the aged tax allowance and Christmas bonus by more than half), it was a higher percentage of not very much and the cost of food and fuel had risen by more. She was summarily dismissed by Mr Teare in much the same was as he dismissed Kate Beecroft on the same point. This by a government that sees fit to pay a lump sum of over half a million pounds to a retiree. Something badly wrong IMO.

Wooley.............You are sooooo right.............thank's for restoring my faith that I'm not in this alone.

http://www.gov.im/media/1031671/pink_book_2014-15.pdf

full of "gems"

like DoI is to spend £1.4m for a new canopy at Douglas Railway station...pg67

what catches your eye?

It is enteries like these that would ensure that if I was an MHK/MLC I would vote against the Budget on principle as having voted for the budget I believe you are deemed to have voted for all of the detailed expenditure. Thus the standard government response when such expenditure is queried at a later date that it was approved in the budget

Archived