Rik Mayall has died

slinkydevil

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-09/ade-edmondson-i-feel-privileged-to-have-know-rik/

Actor and long-time friend Adrian Edmondson said of Rik Mayall: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

• Like 4

I never bother about the death of a celebrity I didn't know, but with Rik it seems different.

He has been making me laugh since I was in my early teens and will keep on doing so.

It is down to Rik that whenever I hear someone say "Vivian" it makes me smile.

Crikey! Not only was he fabulously funny, he was fabulously gorgeous.

My ex pulled up along side Rik Mayall at traffic lights in London. Rik knew he had been recognised, smiled then assumed a Rik nostril-flared, lip raised sneer while sweeping his hand along his very nice sports car, then raced off!

Proper B'stard!

RIP.

• Like 2

This has really pulled me up - his energy and manic style were a part of my teenage years.

My cousin aspired to be him - ok, Flashheart!

What took him so young? It just makes me feel old - a part of the joy of youth - laughing as school kids at his and Vivian's antics - has been turned to sadness and a melancholy for youth left behind.

Sad.

• Like 1