Manx Cheese on Emirates Flights

Amadeus

Sweet deal:

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-cheese-flying-high-with-emirates/

Emirates is ace. Planning to do a short trip to Dubai soon, so might go and check out IOM cheese in the sky then :)

Sorry for the positive post btw. Won't happen again.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent work by the IOM Creamery, their marketing efforts have obviously paid off.

They have a superb product and should be applauded for making this happen and raising the profile of the Isle of Man once again.

Well done Findlay & all your team in Tromode!

Yep, thumbs up from me too for Manx cheese. It's always a good last minute present at the airport or on the Steam Packet. Far better than the UK equivalent of buying your loved ones a petrol can or something from the local garage when coming back from a trip empty handed.

Just what Dubai needs -- another comeover. If you don't like it there, remember there's a camel in the morning.

Oh TJ, you sad little man. People who work a lot sometimes like to go on holidays you know. I normally fly Etihad but Emirates is better for Dubai. Quite looking forward to a few days at Burj Dubai.

I'm also always still advertising your beloved island to people, on the basis of the TT and on business. I might be bringing some visitors and people interested in having companies based there over soon but I sincerely hope they never meet you or people like you, or they'll wonder what kind of backwater I brought them to.

The extra mature cheddar is quite nice, but all the other types that I've tried I find very bland and rubbery. I don't personally enjoy flavoured varieties like peppercorn or chilli.

I would much rather have a West Country farmhouse cheddar, cut from a whole cheese.

The extra mature cheddar is quite nice, but all the other types that I've tried I find very bland and rubbery. I don't personally enjoy flavoured varieties like peppercorn or chilli.

I would much rather have a West Country farmhouse cheddar, cut from a whole cheese.

I haven't yet found a good outlet for Stilton & other cheese here in the South-West, I've been advised to try a farmer's market in Helston.

The extra mature Manx cheese is not bad, I agree about flavoured varieties. Shame they don't try to make a blue cheese.

Does anyone know whether there is or was an indigenous Manx variety of cheese? I assume dairy farming has been present for centuries, there being a fair amount of pasture on the island.

This is something I tried to find out myself - as far as I know it's been pretty well cheddar-type cheese, nothing else although one could expect that larger farms made their own.

Just what Dubai needs -- another comeover. If you don't like it there, remember there's a camel in the morning.

Oh TJ, you sad little man. People who work a lot sometimes like to go on holidays you know. I normally fly Etihad but Emirates is better for Dubai. Quite looking forward to a few days at Burj Dubai.

I'm also always still advertising your beloved island to people, on the basis of the TT and on business. I might be bringing some visitors and people interested in having companies based there over soon but I sincerely hope they never meet you or people like you, or they'll wonder what kind of backwater I brought them to.

Whooooosh.

Archived