Barry Curran Motors

Isle Of Man LIVE

The rent on the place is astronomical (£80,000 per annum, if I remember correctly). They will struggle to get anyone to pay that again.

As for "The Sick Moon" ? I've had many dealings with the poisonous dwarf that BC is. He stiffed me on a large deal AND owes money for work we did for him. Whilst I feel sorry for (some of) the staff, why should I give a fuck about him ?

And I no longer live here, so I tend to agree about the depressing backwater comment.

Hope this helps ...

We all live here .... do you mean that you do not live there? here is where I am, if I move then here has moved with me.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rent is a tad more than that, the landlord is the 4WD Centre, they will struggle to find a new motor trade tenant at that price?

Ah. Thanks. That explains why 4WD moved in then moved out again. I thought that maybe they had assigned the lease and moved to the smaller place at the side. Hadn't realised they owned the place.

As for "The Sick Moon" ? I've had many dealings with the poisonous dwarf that BC is. He stiffed me on a large deal AND owes money for work we did for him. Whilst I feel sorry for (some of) the staff, why should I give a fuck about him ?

Yes well, the op didn't mention any of that. What I'm referring to is the ooh, taps nose, I know something that you don't know but won't be the one to break it but just have to be first in to mention it and I win in the tittle tattle stakes, yes I've got my ear to the ground, etc, etc.....

You can take the boy out of the backwater, but you can't etc, etc...

Not sure about the servicing but your warranty is with the manufacturer not the dealer.

which is ok until they tell you the nearest dealer to do the warrenty work is in liverpool !! at a guess hyundai won't be paying the boat fares?

We bought our Hyundai off Kirk Michael Motors. We have found their after sales service terrific. They are Hyundai Dealers, and would be able to help you.

Not sure about the servicing but your warranty is with the manufacturer not the dealer.

which is ok until they tell you the nearest dealer to do the warrenty work is in liverpool !! at a guess hyundai won't be paying the boat fares?

We bought our Hyundai off Kirk Michael Motors. We have found their after sales service terrific. They are Hyundai Dealers, and would be able to help you.

They aren't official Hyundai dealers for the Isle of Man so wouldn't be able to do warranty work.

They aren't official Hyundai dealers for the Isle of Man so wouldn't be able to do warranty work.

They are linked to one of the biggest Hyundai dealerships in the UK. They did warranty work on our car. If you have a Hyundai Warranty, they should be able to help you...(in fact our problem arose when we had gone over to England for a weekend, and the IOM garage arranged with Hyundai garage in Leicestershire to help us)...it was a Sunday morning and the IOM Garage were superb....the leicester garage checked ok to drive, and then when we returned to the Island Kirk Michael Motors ordered and installed the new part...

I think you'd find that the UK dealer would be in trouble with Hyundai if this was found to be the case. Manufacturers are very particular about having factory trained people dealing with you in all areas due to product liability legislation.

I'm not saying that KM Motors don't know what they are doing, but they and the dealer could be in trouble if something should go wrong and it came out that your car had not been into the official dealers for warranty repairs!

Maybe someone will take it on, it would have to be viable though. Audi for example do not see the island as a viable area for representation so do not list us as an open point.

Archived