Barry Curran Motors

Isle Of Man LIVE

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this an indicator of the perilous state of our economy, or a little local difficulty?

no one on here knows the answer to that, no one knows why this business has failed, no one appreciates the gut-churning anxiety being suffered by everyone involved, from the boss down to the apprentice tea maker, but that isn't going to stop us suddenly becoming Sir Alan Fucking Sugar and pontificating on how this business should have been operated, supported, modernised and marketed is it?

Is this an indicator of the perilous state of our economy

Of course not. And more than that - there is no local economy.

Look at Detroit. Some people see ruin. Others see amazing opportunity.

To be fair Pongo, particularly after your post last night on the prospects for North Manchester, you will see opportunity on the eve of destruction.

To be fair Pongo, particularly after your post last night on the prospects for North Manchester, you will see opportunity on the eve of destruction.

It is certainly true that I do not share your miserablist outlook.

It is certainly true that I do not share your miserablist outlook.

I know. But it's easy to see rosy prospects in the shit holes of the world that you don't have to put up with from the comfort of the wonderful Isle of Man. Nonetheless, please send me some of what you're on.

The rent on the place is astronomical (£80,000 per annum, if I remember correctly). They will struggle to get anyone to pay that again.

As for "The Sick Moon" ? I've had many dealings with the poisonous dwarf that BC is. He stiffed me on a large deal AND owes money for work we did for him. Whilst I feel sorry for (some of) the staff, why should I give a fuck about him ?

And I no longer live here, so I tend to agree about the depressing backwater comment.

Hope this helps ...

Archived