Salvage Hunters - Isle of Man Episode - On Now!

Mission

On channel Quest, Freeview channel 37 (or channel 38 for the +1 in an hour if you want the whole thing from the beginning).

Nice intro so far, lots of info about this island over and above what you'd normally get in a normal episode of the show.

Get watching folks. :)

I'm a big fan of the show and what surprised me was how much Drew thought the island was such good value for money for everything he purchased. I've seen some silly requests for prices on items from vendors (or Drew has made a fair offer on what the item is worth after restoration and then the seller has rejected it, holding out for a much higher and unrealistic price for someone who has to then sell it on) we hear so many complaints about rip off prices over here but if you own an old building and you want to put some period pieces back into it, the IOM seems to be the place to be in terms of value for money.

It was also nice to see an entire episode dedicated to the island, with what looked like 3 days worth of trading over here (even though he only saw 3 dealers) just a shame we didn't get the van going back to the store and unloading scene but I guess we made up for that with the initial IOM PR piece at the start of the show.

I hope they come back again in the future and that I get to hear about it in advance next time as I'd really like to meet the man, he's a really interesting guy.

I'm a big fan of the show and what surprised me was how much Drew thought the island was such good value for money for everything he purchased. I've seen some silly requests for prices on items from vendors (or Drew has made a fair offer on what the item is worth after restoration and then the seller has rejected it, holding out for a much higher and unrealistic price for someone who has to then sell it on) we hear so many complaints about rip off prices over here but if you own an old building and you want to put some period pieces back into it, the IOM seems to be the place to be in terms of value for money.

It was also nice to see an entire episode dedicated to the island, with what looked like 3 days worth of trading over here (even though he only saw 3 dealers) just a shame we didn't get the van going back to the store and unloading scene but I guess we made up for that with the initial IOM PR piece at the start of the show.

I hope they come back again in the future and that I get to hear about it in advance next time as I'd really like to meet the man, he's a really interesting guy.

you do know its pre-scripted?

Caught the end of it. Is that all there is to it? Bloke visits shop, looks at some old wood, buys some old wood.

Well yeah, although he buys all sorts of stuff, not just wood. He travels all over the UK (and sometimes Europe) sometimes it's a scrap yard, sometimes it's a museum, sometimes it's a stately home etc etc.

must have a look at that bike museum some time !

#younevervisitwhatsoyourdoorstep !

I never knew it existed, looks interesting for sure.

you do know its pre-scripted?

I'm sure all of the jokes are.

I'd still like to meet the guy some day.

• 4 months later...

Archived